Are you saving yourself for marriage yes or no?

I'm just wondering if anyone on here is actually waiting until marriage. Tell me if you are or aren't why/why not!

Thanks in advance I rate all answers and pick BA :)

• Saving for marriage
  • Have had sex more than three times
  • Have not waited
  • Virgin but not planning on waiting

Most Helpful Guy

• sort of waiting but more just cause I haven't had the oppurtunity to actually be in a relationship that got sexual . I can see the benefits of waiting but at same time it be nice to know if I actually enjoyed having sex with her before we were married . its sort of a personal decision to be honest if I had the oppurtunity to have sex with a girl I would likely just go for it and not think twice about that decision

What Guys Said 17

• Nope, too late for that! :-P

Out of all seriousness, if you cross-examine the Bible, you will realize that marriage happens way earlier than it does now (as in usually before age 19). Most of these guys and girls weren't even finished with puberty and were somebody's wife or hubby.

Now, waiting until marriage, when marriage happens on average about a decade later (around age 30), waiting THAT long until marriage is way more difficult.

• I agree it makes it more difficult, but I don't think being that young has much to do with the fact that they waited.

• thats a good point people used to get married when they were a lot younger but now a lot aren't getting married till late 20's early 30's , that's just too long to wait

• My opinion is that both men and women should try before marriage. Both of them need to have experience. In marriage both should be faithful.

• That ships sailed long ago and without any regrets.

• I'm not saving myself for marriage (I am not religious, and don't really buy into the whole concept of marriage anyway). That said, I have only had sex with people I am in, or have been in, proper relationships with - I've never had, nor ever intend to have, a one night stand.

• Nope. Sexual compatibility is important in a relationship. Saving yourself until marriage is like buying a car you haven't test driven first. You could, but you are also setting yourself up for possible dislike and disappointment. Why set yourself up for something like that when you can easily avoid it?

• I'm not religious. I don't believe that sex before marriage is a sin. I think sex is something to be taken seriously but also enjoyed. I've had sex many times with many girls, and I've never been married.

• No I am not. If I love someone I see no reason why I shouldn't take the relationship to the next level. That being said I'm not a very sexual person by nature and really have barely engaged in anything that can be considered sexual.

• I do not know why someone would. I rather go for women that know what sex is and have done some experimenting with it. So they know when they are with me, if they want to be with me. I guess... Well sure I don't give points for hyper sexual past as I wouldn't expect someone that has pulled like one new partner per week since she started having sex... I would not trust that it ends with me.

• And I am not going to get married anyway as I do not see that as a requirement for relationship.

• I'm not necessarily waiting til marriage but I'd like to wait til I found someone I feel I could have a future with

• Definitely not waiting. Sex is a big part of a relationship and it can sometimes turn out that you're just not compatible that way. This has happened to few of my friends and it would be quite awkward to find out when you're already married.

• No. Its pretty stupid IMO, there's no inherant value in not having had sex. Well. Unless you plan on sacrificing to the devil.

Getting married is a pretty major thing. Much bigger than buying a house- but you wouldn't do that without having a look around first would you.

• Nope. Lost it a long time ago. Don't plan on getting married anyways.

• I do not believe in waiting for marriage, I see no reason not to and I think that if you're not ready to have sex with a person, you're not ready to marry them.

• It's the other way around. If you aren't ready to marry them, you aren't ready to have sex with them. Sex is made for people to have kids, and you should be married when you have kids.

• it's a ridiculous thing to do in 2013, most people today are getting married much later, in the early days when people were more religious they used to "Save themselves" for marriage, but they also got married MUCH earlier!

It's not healthy or worthwhile to "save yourself" for marriage in today's society. Wasn't this whole virginity thing started because of religion? What significance does it play today when many more people are admitting to being atheist or just not caring about religion?

It was easy to "save yourself" in the old days when people got married soon after reaching sexual maturity (in their early teens). Continuing these outdated old values contributes to MANY problems in today's society. For example, masturbation (for boys AND girls), rape, sexual perversion (being aroused by "weird" things), rape, etc.

• lol some of these are false. For example they aren't old, it's just that ever since abortion was legalized sex and related things have become a lot more dominant in society. Lots of people still wait because of religion. it does not contribute to those problems, those are the people who abuse sex and are way into it.. someone who is saving themselves for marriage would NOT rape anybody stupid. pervs and masturbation are by those guys who try to hook up with every girl every night.

• what I mean was that being "sexually repressed" culture contributes to rape in society

• Yes, I'm really saving myself for marriage. It's been my principle since I'm a member of my religion.

• Same here..and since we don't believe in birth control, etc. the consequences are high.

• Don't plan on getting married

• not till marriage but till I find the right girl yes which has been harder than I had thought :)

What Girls Said 12

• I am, sort of. It's not the most important thing to me but I want to wait until I've found someone that I'm serious about who will stay with me even if I do want to save it. Any guy so shallow that he is willing to walk out if I don't have sex with him is not worth my time or affections. Though I'm religious, it's not a religious thing at all. It's partly a societal thing and partly a safety thing, but the most important thing to me is that I don't want to regret my first time or feel sad, ashamed, and neglected after like girls often do on the first time. I want to be sure that I'm in a stable relationship that the guy won't walk away from immediately after sex.

• I did not save sex for marriage & I don't plan to save sex for marriage with my future boyfriend. I actually really really wanted to do that when I was younger but it was very very hard for me.

• Virgin but not plan on waiting. I'm waiting till I graduate high school. Idc when I lose it Because its not like I'm gonna stop doong what I dream off. It's not gonna lable me. Its not gonna ruij my life (unless I become irresponsible and not use a condom) & its not gonna stop me from being me. Sex is sex. Ifs not lkke its a magical moment you have with someone you love. I picked D by the way

• I never thought I'd wait for marriage. If the guy wanted to wait, I'd be perfectly fine with it. My first time was really sudden. We were both stoned and we just ended up making out and doing it. In the end, I don't think I ever really planned or thought about when I'd first have sex.

• Definitely not - I'd like to avoid an awkward, painful experience on my wedding night!

• If I could turn back time, maybe I would have. Or it doesn't even have to be before marriage. I just wish that I would have waited for the right person.

• Nah and I don't plan to get married.

• yes I am. I want to give a special gift for my husband and also for religious reasons.

• No because I can't wait until 30 lol back then people could wait because they got married young.

• I am. But not just for religious reasons.

• I was and then I realized how unrealistic it is

• I voted B.

I waited for a long time, 24 years. I never planned on waiting until marriage, I felt that was an unrealistic goal for me. While I don't think sex is THE most important part of a relationship, I do feel it's important. I can't imagine vowing to spend my life with someone without knowing if we're sexually compatible.

• The way I see it, if you are really in love the sex will be good no matter what. But I have to cause of my religion :) but hey that way no expectations right? lol

• I agree with Sparrow. But Lilac, you should do what you want. Don't feel pressured to have sex, But don't feel pressured to wait either.

• Absolutely!

If you want to wait, then that's exactly what you should do.

I hope I wasn't pressuring you to not wait, that wasn't my intention. Waiting just wasn't for ME :-)