GUYS: Taking your girlfriend into the store to pick out her engagement ring.

Yes or No? My boyfriend wants to do that... but, I feel like it takes away from the surprise & it's not as special because he's not picking it out himself. He wants me to pick it out. Is it just a guy thing or what? Should I just let it happen that way? Would it make him feel better if I picked it out?

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with you. There is no surprise in that. You would think he knows your taste by now if marriage is in his plans.

• He knows my taste.. He's just funny in the way he does things.. like other jewelry he's bought me or his family.. He will let the sale's person egg him on.. So it's really not things he's chosen himself.. I think he just wants me to really like whatever ring he gets me. Frankly, I don't care about the engagement ring... It's just a symbol of commitment. His plans are to have me pick it out though, so I'm not sure.

• Ok. I understand. Well if it was me I would pick out more than one and ask him to choose one. He can't go wrong that way.

What Guys Said 3

• Yes, because the guy will always want to get you what you want, and if left to him, you might get dissappointed, but if you feel strongly over this, go out and select a few that you like, and get him to choose one of the ones you like,x

• No. I would rather choose mine.

• No I'd let her pick out the wedding ring. But the engagement ring would be a surprise.

What Girls Said 1

• When my sister and brother in law were getting engaged they went to a couple places to look at rings (both engagement and wedding). They tried them on and saw what each other liked. Then later my sister's hubby to be went back to one of the stores and picked out one of the rings. He held on to it for months, waiting for just the right timing. There was still plenty of surprise and she got something that she really liked, best of both worlds?