How do you completely stop thinking about guys and marriage?

I am a girl who is trying to get into some career, and trying very very very hard to destroy any idea, words, phrase, discussion, or thought stuck in my head about the word, "marriage." I am always hearing, and seeing things about people getting married, and guys glancing at me. tbh it's the most annoying topic in human existence. and I am trying really really hard to get rid of anything about it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think you can completely stop thinking about guys or marriage, only push it in the back of your mind. I think the way you should go about this is trying to focus on your career, rather than stop thinking about guys or marriage. Focus on college and if you've graduated, focus on building connections and gaining experience. Keeping yourself busy is a good way to forget about things.

If you don't want to date, you don't have to date. Guys might keep hitting on you regardless but don't let it phase you and be strong! You have a goal, so reach it.

• You are the only one who understood my question. All the other answerers misunderstood my question. The reason I want to stop thinking about guys and marriage is 1) my parents said so, and mostly 2) because I am in no career right now, and I see EVERYONE getting married, any hint of the marriage topic just makes me depressed a lot if I do not avoid it.

• I feel the same way as you, but it's more of girls our age having kids rather than marriage. I think it's important for one to be self-supporting before making the commitment of having a child or husband. I know that right now, my career is the most important and crucial aspect of my life and that marriage/kids will come later for me. Don't let marriage get to you, don't focus on it that much. It's just one experience out of many that you could be having right now!

What Guys Said 4

• No. Bad. Stop now.

Marriage, or at least love, is a natural human action. Marriage has been part of human culture for almost forever. You will never be able to drive it out of your life, as it's one of the integral things that make up human culture.

So, instead of hating it, and trying to deracinate it from your life, reflect upon WHY you feel this way. Something in your past? Just never understood the whole "love" deal? Whatever it is, think about how it changed you. Then, forget your super serious attitude, and live a little. A career is not the most important thing in life, especially around your age (and mine!).

Eventually, you'll find a guy (or a girl, if you roll that way), that'll change your thoughts on this. Just wait.

• So, in other words, what you want is to masculinise yourself, right?

• No.

• but you're into building a career, not marrying, and you don't see Men as potential mates, that's got masculine written all over it. And I'm a Man so I can recognise it very easily.

• Simply work on your career.

• There's nothing you can do really.

What Girls Said 3

• Everyone thinks about marriage

• There's nothing you can do

• i am trying to get into a career too, and girls like you are the ones who make men hate career women. just saying. I cannot WAIT to get married. between a career and marriage I would choose marriage.

• Why? Please explain.

• I mean would you choose marriage over a career?

• Because I am not an isolationist. I want a family. The work world is a lonely place. As a woman I feel most passionate about being a mom and wife more than anything in the world.