Girls, do you actually want to get married? Why or why not?

Something I've been thinking a lot about recently is marriage and why people seem so interested in it. I myself got married very young because it was the thing to do, and although I loved my wife, ultimately got a divorce. I had always assumed I wanted to be married, but after experiencing it and trying very hard to make it work for a couple of years, I just couldn't find a way to make marriage anywhere near as good as singledom, on a day to day basis.

I'm now wondering what people's reasons for wanting marriage are, and if they think they need to be married to get those benefits. I think that almost anything you can get from marriage, you can get while single -- and because of certain psychological phenomena, you will probably be better able to appreciate them as a single.

What are your thoughts? Do you want to be married? Tell me why!

What Girls Said 2

• Well..I want to be with the one I love for a long time,when I get married I want people to know that,that's my guy and we loved each other so much we got married..I'm pretty naive though,according to people,because I'm actually a virgin waiting for marriage...But I want to say I waited this long,just for this one guy that means so much to me. And now that we got married,we can work on things together...That's what I think,although some people hear my opinion on this and think it's stupid and foolish...

• I guess I seek marriage because the security that it offers, not just the finnancial, but rather emot

ional. even though a lot of marriages these days end up with a devorce, I would like to think that I won't end up in marriage wet behind the ears, and that the decision will be muturally well thought and talked through...

What Guys Said 0