My wife is out of control, And it needs to stop.

I've been with my wife for a few years now, and in the beginning, her smart mouth was a turn on, now its just out of hand and when we have normal conversations, she gets smart for no reason and sometimes it hurts my feelings. I don't wanna lash out at her, but I don't know how to tell her to stop.

Most Helpful Girl

• You have a legitimate reason to feel the way you do. She can't know it bothers you unless you tell her so. If you hold it in, then eventually the pressure from frustration will build up enough that you WILL lash out and she'll have no idea where it came from. So instead of letting it build up, you need to calmly tell her how you feel when she treats you that way. When it happens, just tell her . . . "When you talk to me like that sometimes it makes me feel ____ disrespected, hurt, etc. Would you please start being nicer?"

What Girls Said 1

• When she acts up, just tell her in a calm but firm manner that you don't like it whenever she talks like that when all you want is a nice easy-going conversation with her.

If she brings up that you've put up with her smart mouth before, tell her that lately it has gotten out of hand to the point where you sometimes feel disrespected and that she needs to stop or cut back. If she runs her smart mouth in response stand your ground and stay calm. If she starts picking a fight with you on this, turn your head away or start doing something else and come back. Whatever you do, don't bitch back.

What Guys Said 2

• Just listen to her rant.

• Any chance she's trying to get a rise out of you? In more ways then one? What would happen if you just calmly initiated hard sex?