Would asking a girl to be my date to a wedding over text be stupid

Title says it all. There is a girl I like and we don't get to see each other now because its summer and we do not live close together. I got invited to a wedding and I would like to go with her would texting her be lame or should I just go for it since the wedding is in September and its where we go to school

Most Helpful Girl

• Go for it. A lot of people say texting is too impersonal, but I don't think that's always true. If it's a situation like yours, i.e. you live far away from each other and it might be awkward to call her out of the blue, I think it's fine to text her about it. If she likes you, she'll be super happy to receive your message inviting her to the wedding. And asking her now eliminates the risk of her being busy that day.

Like one of the other girls said, you might want to ease the invitation into the conversation instead of just randomly asking her to go with you. Ask her how she's been and how her summer's going. Once you've chatted a little bit, you can mention that you've been wanting to ask her to accompany you to so-and-so's wedding. She'll get the hint that you've been thinking about her and hopefully say yes. :)

What Girls Said 13

• Meh, just go for it :) I asked a guy to be my wedding date over Facebook message and it turned out well. I think as long as you ask her, the method of communication isn't that important.

• Asking her as a date over text is fine. It's not you are proposing for marriage. I recommend you do it face to face if and only if you want her more than just a casual date.

• If you ask her over text, it will come of as casual, like "hey I need a date, you'll do." If you don't want to give her that vibe, just talk to her face to face or call her or something.

• The girl probably likes you too... Otherwise you wouldn't like her. Just start talking via text and randomly phone her at a decent hour and bring it up. Say that it would be really fun to have her there with you etc. :) I don't know it seems like a nice gesture. Definitely agree with the previous "answerer"! Good luck!

• yea that's fine lol

• If it is really too far of a drive to take her out and ask her, at least call her. It would be a nice gesture to show her you mean it. Texting is too casual these days.

• You should wait until September is close, then ask her in person

• that is stupid ask her in person see how happy she will be.and if not to face to face she will think that you are childish

• my boyfriend of a year didn't even invite me to go to a wedding with him... I think that its too personal for someone you don't know that closely.

• Text her. It'd be nice to go with a date:)

• Ask her in person. A girl can text a guy, because guys don't think too much about how she asked me. But a girl thnks too much, so it's better you ask her in person.

• You should ask her person or over Skype

• Why not just call her instead of being super impersonal by texting...

What Guys Said 1

• Asking a girl out over text is always stupid. Pick up the phone and call her.