When is it too young?

im going to use an example is 16 and 23 too young to get engaged. When you have known the person your hole life...and you have always had feelings for them...and you are both now madly in love with each other and can't imagine life with out the other...is it to soon?

ok you know what I don't really want anymore comments on this...cause I figured people I didn't know would be different then the people I do know and that hate him but I was wrong...o well we are still doing what we want so thanks but no thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• 16 is still a child. 23 is like finishing univeristy and finding a place to live/find a real job.

16 is grade 10, is playing on the playground with friends, learning social studies, math, general sciences, TO BEGIN WITH. 16 is when kids do stupid things just because they are kids. You are a kid if ur the 16 year old. wait ATLEAST 2 more years minimum before thinking about marriage. and even then. I extremely doubt you will get married to anyone at that age unless the guy is willing to wait/stay with you that long.

To my experience, older people who are with a younger person in high school, NEVER works out.

and I've seen this around 20-30 times. Each time it failed. And when its a guy, its usually him using the girl for sex/having someone who is easy to get since high schoolers are attracted to older men because of maturity/wisdom/whatever older guys have that 16 year old boys don't like bigger dicks and a brain to think.

What Guys Said 5

• 16? ok lets say you're not this girl... she's not even finished going through puberty and she wants to get married...wtf is on her biscuit? lmao. you know how many life changes and experiences she still has to go through?...high school, college, etc. I mean marriage is way the hell up there , I'm sure she'll have a million other things on the to-do list b4 that. and the guy too...23? Dude I'm 23 and I wouldn't even think of dating a 16 y.o let alone marrying one! so I'd say wait another 10 yrs, get all that living your life outta your systems. Hell even more bluntly, establish your own life b4 you talk bout sharing it with someone...

• you can't legally get engaged when you are 16... I mean 7 years isn't that as many years once you've hit 19 or 20, but 16 and 23 is impossible. wait a few years if you really love the person and he/she really loves you

• I know theyll wait yeah heard it and he is waiting we just want to be married cause we are perfect for each other he's my other half

• Yes, it's way too soon. It may be ok for the 23 year old to think about engagement, but way too young for the 16 year old. If you want to stay together then fine, but do it without the formal announcement. It will make it a lot easier to part ways when life starts getting in the way of love ideals.

• You're going to hear this a lot in the future but I want to get the first one in, "I told you so!!"

• wow waaay to soon for 16 years old , but I think if the gurl is about 20 years olde , the gab could go up to 10 years , anyway ur only 16 right now , and u'd be surprised how ur feelings and thoughts change , things you thought that you knew and felt so right could change in time , so from now don't even think about engagment

• I would say wait at least two years.

What Girls Said 2

• yes that's much to young. regardless of how in love you are everyone changes and goes different ways in there life, are you sure your ready you want to give up your life for this person? and if they really loved you, they would wait for as long as it takes to be with you so get out there and have an exciting life! worry about getting married when your positive its what you want. and not something they your this unsure that you ask people on the internet

• Truthful I wasent unsure...i kinda already said yes...i just wanted to hear what people would say about it

• i def say 16 is too young. I think you should wait til ur around 19 at the youngest to even consider getting married because people change so much after highschool and through college.