Women: what kind of wedding would you want?

I've known lots of married couples. Some had big weddings, some had small weddings and some had private weddings.

• A big, but memorable wedding. Even if it costs a few thousand.
  • A smaller wedding, with only the people close to us invited.
  • A private wedding. Just us.
a lot of websites say the average wedding costs $20,000 to $30,000 and that it ridiculously high.

why go into that kind of debt, when you could save that into retirement or make a huge down payment into a house.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd love to have a wedding with just to husband-to-be. However, that's not an option for me. I'd never have a massive wedding though. I don't see the point in spending your life savings on a one-day event. Also, I feel is there's too much emphasis on the 'wedding' people/dress/cake/festivites, you lose sight the fact that you're committing your life to someone you love.

What Girls Said 9

• I'm probably in the minority of women who doesn't really think about my wedding (if I were to have one).

The only time I do is when I see a beautiful wedding dress, lol. Everything else I figure I'll decide with my fiance.

I do know that I wouldn't want to spend an excessive amount on a wedding. Yes, I understand it's importance and I would want it to be special, but I just can't justify spending tens of thousands on one day.

• I would want a smallish wedding, everything has to be really classy but I wouldn't only spend money i´ve saved for it, I wouldn't get into any debt for it and I would like to have a good honeymoon

• A very small wedding with an awesome honeymoon.

• Him, me , our parents and brothers, sisters. Then go home celebrate and save money for our honeymoon.

• Where is the option for no marriage why assume that every woman want to get married I would have chosen d I don't want to get married if it was made an option

• B, I wouldn't want to invite all my family even if my mom did.

• I am going to say A or B because I need to learn to keep things low key.

• I'd rather have a smaller wedding and not spend too much, just invite close friends and family, we can use the money for something more important

• a small wedding by the beach

What Guys Said 0