How do I tell him tell him I think it's to soon to get married?

i have been with my guy for six months and we want to get married in September, but in the back of my mind I think it's to soon but I don't know how to tell him that with out hurting him, I mean I still want to marry him but I just think it's too soon, his reasoning for doing it so soon is because he will be shipping out to Iraq in November and wants me to be taken care of when he's gone and if god forbid something happens to him

so what do I do, because I agree with his reasoning I just have tons of doubt and am afraid to tell him because I think he will be hurt

Most Helpful Guy

• Six months together is way to soon to be getting married. You know this already and, no matter what his hurt feelings may be, you need to tell him that. His reasoning may sound good, but it's not. You can still get married, but leave it for a while longer. You're not saying to him that you don't want to marry him, you're just saying lets wait a while longer. As well, his proposal may be some illogical thinking to keep you loyal to him while he's gone and he may just need some reassurance.

Too many people do not listen to that little voice in the back of their heads...you need to.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• if you don't want to, you should tell him like this. I think t is really great that you love me enough to marry me, but I think were moving ahead too fast, and I'm not ready for that kind of commitment, I hope you understand. if he does, then that's good, if not, don't sweat it, you weren't meant to be.

good luck hun =)

• You both should do pre-martial counseling and see what they say...And if it shows you are not ready just wait until the time is right. If it is meant to be it will happen. Good luck!