Iran moves forward in legalizing Child marriage for girls under 10. Opinions?

link

I completely oppose it and think its child abuse, however coming at it from a cultural context it is legal in Saudi Arabia although the restriction is placed on only when the child begins menstruating they are defined as a "woman".

A member of the Majiles, Mohammad Ali Isfenani has been reported to argue based on the prophet Muhammad who was known for doing the same thing.

"We must regard 9 as being the appropriate age for a girl to have reached puberty and qualified to get married. To do otherwise would be to contradict and challenge Islamic Sharia law.”

Most Helpful Girl

• Madness ! But Iran isn't known for its sanity. So yeah sucks for these girls who will any raped by their sixty years old husbands and who will do the same thing to their daughters because well, at one point its become "normal" and even OK to do this. And this madness will be perpetuated for generations and no one will protest anymore because eventually people will get used to it and Iran isn't really the most democratic country and prostesting can be a bit risky for your well being. So yeah, sucks for the girls.

• But the quran is the direct word of Allah so who are you to argue

• You ask a question I'm giving you my opinion you don't to agree but don't get mad of you don't like what I say. My answer wasn't about religion so whatever !

What Girls Said 7

• That's just plain horrible. How they treat women like they are worthless. Is a shoe truly worth more than a human being?

• Even though some Islamic countries are going backwards in most ways there still is progression. I think Saudi Arabia Allowed women to legally ride bikes a few years ago

• It is f***ed up, girls haven't even hit puberty at that age, how can they expect them to get married and that age!

• thats really weird and it is child abuse.

• im so happy and thankful to be American.

God bless America. <3

• Unbelievable! gross

• That's disgusting. 10 year old girls haven't even hit puberty

• That's horrible. No girl hits puberty that young unless you are injected with some type of crazy hormone. I can't even imagine them having kids so young are they trying to increase their population. For ever child that is born they are killing someone off anyways

What Guys Said 3

• Shows the madness of following religious doctrine.

• That sucks.

• Nasty and sick! It's not right and is child abuse in a way!