Does marriage change people? Why?

I don't see why it should. If you have been together then why should the label of husband and wife change the relationship, how you act, etc. I feel like living together before marriage is better then marrying and then moving in. Since you can notice the things that bother you and see if you could deal with them.

And why would marriage change poeple?

Most Helpful Guy

• It does - it can't help but change things.

The woman usually relaxes more - she has made it, she has a ring on her finger, she has security.

Unfortunately, that can sometimes means she stops taking care of herself and her figure, and stops having sex as often as she used to.

Many men feel betrayed by this, if and when it happens.

The same can happen with men too - he can get fat, lazy, and stop doing romantic things for her. Expect to be waited on hand and foot. And this can also cause resentment in the wife.

What Guys Said 1

• Any relationship changes those involved by the simple nature that it is a relationship. The change in marriage is completely necessary, though. A husband and wife ought to look to each other for inspiration to better themselves. More importantly, they should love each other without hoping/expecting that the other will change (or not change).

What Girls Said 8

• I don't think marriage changes people.

It's the people themselves who change over time.

Not only that being in situations you were not in with the person before you made such a level of commitment, will show the type of person they truly are.

• we are all constantly changing

• yes, the strains, pressures and responsibilities that come with marriage can change people if they don't know how to handle it

• it can if they think marriage will make them not work at the relationship anymore.

• yes it does for some people. some guys used to be having fun all day long but once they settle down they really focus on family. the priority for them (guys & ladies) change

• yes, it changes them because there are a lot of responsibilities marriage entails

• According to GAGers, it certainly does.

Just take a look at our Top 10 list, 10 Things That Change After Marriage link

• I agree, people should live together before marriage! I'm not sure why the label changes anything I have never heard of it. But, when I go from being friends with a guy into a relationship I screw everything up some how I start getting jealous, when I was their friend I would bite my tongue to save the friendship but in the relationship I let them know how I feel about everything :(. And I mess it all up that's why my guy friends are friends if I'm gonna date a guy I jump into after like 2 weeks of knowing each other