What is your opinion on Gay Marriage?

I support it 100% why should we be able to have our freedom to do what we want and not be judged, while others aren't.

Biggest ex: Marriage, we can marry whom we want, but some LBGT's can't. It only reminds me of slavery throughout the world, and when everyone wasn't treated equally, kind of like how people are now.

I love the song Same Love by Lacklemore, it really speaks to me. He is defiantly right about how we are to afraid of change so we judge people, and act like they are below us. But, I believe it's time for a change.

What's your opinion?

• Support LGBT/They should be able to love/marry whoever they want
  • I don't support LGBT, it's just WRONG!

Most Helpful Guy

• Marriage(along with many other laws) has changed in the past and I see no reason why it shouldn't be able to change again. The definition is not set in stone by religion or tradition. You can't get rid of gay people so why not recognise them as fellow human beings and extend their relationships the same rights and privileges that we take for granted.

What Guys Said 10

• Support it. There's no logical reason to be against it. It's their personal lives. Their marrying has ZERO affect on the rest of society.(or so negligible it doesn't matter at least). If anything, I think marriage has too many benefits in terms of taxes and whatnot. It kinda breaches our constitution in that marriage usually is seen as religious (even though the idea of marriage has existed since before the major religions today and probably before religion in general) and there shouldn't be a law that encourages any religious act over another. And to those who want to keep the law to give tax breaks for married couples, then you acknowledge that religion is not involved in marriage and thus there's no reason to deny people the right to be married.

I just can't see a winning logical argument for the side against marriage for all sexualities. But then again, those type of people tend to not base anything on reason or logic.

• i don't see a reason why it should be illegal.

• I see absolutely no reason not to allow it.

• I don't really care who can marry who. If a guy wants to marry another guy, then he can feel free to do so, not my business.

• In what way does it affect me or anyone else. After all in a free society we are free to do whatever we want unless it doesn't break any laws, or impose on others freedoms. What laws is it breaking, and in what way is it affecting anyone else's freedoms?

• I think gay marriage should be legal, but I don't think it is an issue of equality. Right now we already have equality.

• Indifferent.

• How about a third option? Get the government out of marriage, and make family law totally part of contract law. Then people can have whatever relationships they want and call them whatever they want. The govenrment would remain neutral between one type of relationship and another, and between relationship and non-relationship.

• But will religion stay out of it.

• Well, religion is voluntary. Or at least it should be.

• I don't care it's there life

• I'm opposed.

And I really think it's laughable that you equate gays not being able to marry as equal to slavery.

I'd also remind you of the simple fact--equality doesn't exist unless it is forced. People have recognized for hundreds of years--equality and freedom are not friends. If one increases, you weaken the other. Nature didn't create people equally--and few are free when all are forced to be equal.

As much as people also refuse to recognize it--a healthy society has a vested interested in strongly defining what is acceptable as far as sex and marriage is concerned. It is a part of how we humans better ourselves--not too long ago, sex was strongly linked to marriage, and family. That meant we were taking a base human desire, and molding it so that it resulted in families.

What impact does that have on a nation? Linking sex to marriage means families, which means children, who are hopefully being raised in a stable home to become good people/citizens. On the old model of the father as a breadwinner--it is one of the few models where a single man could be persuaded with ease to work hard enough to support not only himself, but three or four other people as well, creating an economic surplus, booming the economy compared to a society of men supporting only themselves. Children raised well meant the economy would remain somewhat stable or grow, taxes could be paid, a military could be raised when needed.

What happens now? Countless studies have confirmed that children raised by single moms are far more likely to do time in prison for crimes, do drugs, drop out of high school, be in poverty, and not have a family, also lowering national fertility rates.

So where does that put us now? We're spending billions of tax dollars on welfare/food stamps/prison costs/programs to try to prevent such people from becoming criminals. USA fertility rates are barely at replacement levels, sustained only by massive immigration from central/south America, meaning a huge cultural change in the USA. Also meaning that the nation will age--and either taxes will increase dramatically, or benefits promised for decades to the elderly will be slashed.

Does it sound off topic to say all that? Yeah. Is it off topic? No. Gay marriage doesn't matter. "Equality" doesn't matter. It's a ridiculous idea that will never actually happen. The communists couldn't even achieve equality, and they killed tens of millions to do so. The problem is--it's part of a wider movement that removes sex from marriage, and harms society as a whole. Now, gay marriage even removes the possibility of natural procreation from marriage. No fault divorce did more damage, but this still adds to it. It damages the fabric our society was built on for centuries.

Of course, no one here will acknowledge that. It's just an issue of "equality!" and "you bigot!" Common sense and wisdom is completely devoid in our society, now.

• Allowing gay marriage would not increase any of those problems. They can still contribute to society just the same as any other couple and if they could adopt then it would be more children in loving homes with two partners.

We allow old, infertile, celibate and couples who don't wish to have kids to marry so is it that hard to ask for one group more(besides they could do IVF like many straight couples who can't naturally concieve already do)

• Please, when reading statistics, remember that correlation is NOT causality.

• Yet correlation is the first step in any research to proving causation. I'm not a researcher though, nor the fellows on this site scientists. Proving a large amount of awful correlations is point enough, in this case. Such as, homosexual men (who are less than 5% of the population) accounting for 78.7% if HIV diagnoses in men--that's pretty obvious that homosexual men have very bad, unhealthy sex habits. Or they get poisoned and injected with HIV by spies and no one knows yet.

What Girls Said 17

• There isn't any reason to oppose the LBGT community and their rights to exist.

People who are against the LBGT community are usually LBGT's themselves, and they fear that their tendencies will get out to the public.

Leave them alone and let them marry. Its not effecting anyone else.

• I agree with you, mostly. You are probably right about that some of them are gay there self, but I think it's more of a 75%chance that they are too afraid to accept change so they judge them, and a 25%-chance that some of them are hypocrites and probably are gay.

• I don't believe its right because of my beliefs BUT I absolutely do not condone people's hateful behavior as if they are less of a person because of something like this. Its appalling to me and uncalled for. I don't think its any of our place to judge others and they should be able to live their life how they choose. As long as it is not negatively and directly affecting others of course.

• Saying you don't think what they're doing is right(which would make it wrong) IS hateful, you just judged them and then you said you dislike when other people do it.

A person can still be racist even if he/she never expresses it

• @Lupianwolf, just because I don't agree with the lifestyle does not mean I am hateful towards them. Yeah okay I guess that's judgmental but that's how I (emphasis on the "I") feel but I am in no way hateful or treat them like less than anyone else like others do. Everyone deserves rights, respect, and love.

• And I did not say "I dislike when other people do it" no where in my answer. You're putting those words in my mouth. I believe everyone has been made and everyone has their own path they will take. Its not going to be understood by me or any human so we are in no way in a place to tell others how to live their life. Just because I FEEL its not right and wouldn't live that way in MY life does not mean I dislike others or hate them or think any less of them.

• Proud supporter, I also sport LBGT equality gear as well, when people ask some are critical but generally it's praise and even if it is critical, showing that a person doesn't have to be LBGT to support equality is a great thing to show and hopefully spread

People don't want to give people a right to marry based upon religious convictions...how can religious convictions guide a country? I don't see how that's right...

• Thank You... I couldn't agree with you more. 1. Everyone is not religious so religion should be left out of it 2. A lot of people are saying it's wrong, God created Adam & Eve not Adam & Steve, it's a sin.

Well they are not the ones to talk everyone sins, and I'm pretty sure that's why, " God sacrificed his only begotten son." I'm also pretty sure its "Gods" job to judge us not all of these other people that think they have the right to do so!

• People can't think straight when all the rules are laid out by something that never shows, intervenes, possibly existed :o

and forced down their throats by relatives

• You left out C (I DONT GIVE A SHIT). Honestly, I'm not for it nor am I against it, however I am really tired of them all parading around like "oo gays and lesbians are all legal now, in your face" I mean yeah I get it, you became legal and most states and countries are accepting you now but do you really have to go around bragging to everyone. Be who you want to be and don't listen to others, become gay at your own discretion, you'll be judged by someone higher than you in your next life. I just don't care. On Facebook its all I see, on all the apps that I use I see it, I mean enough already. Good for you that you're slowly getting accepted but shut the f*** up already about it. No offense.

• Yeah they deserve to. They get the same privileges as we do. Kind of the way African Americas do. Especially with there own month, all they have is a day and a parade. So why shouldn't they parade around and take pride in there self.

• I get that, but everyday is not a parade day dude..

• Marriage predates Christianity, so why should Christianity define modern marriage? It shouldn't. Love = Love

• I don't see why the government has any say in who can marry whom. Anything between two consenting adults should be legal.

• 1|0
  • I totally support it. They also deserve to be happy and I see nothing wrong with their marriage.

• I think gay marriage is f***in sick. Should not be allowed. At all. They don't deserve a single right that straights have. Please, feel free to call me any name you wish for not agreeing with you.

• ill call you a bigot, not for disagreeing with me but for giving others less legal rights and justifying it by saying its sick

• do you like the westboro baptist church?

• Never heard of that. I'm a Christian-Assemblies of G

• it's not good

• I am all for it

• I support them fully lucky I come from a country that recognises their rights and we are the first African country to make it possible for gay, lesbians etc. To get married and I think we are the only country

• A !

• I am for it

• i am for it

• I am neither here nor there

• I don't care if they get married