Opinions on catching the brides wedding flowers?

So say you catch the flowers at the wedding but you give them away because someone rude takes them from you and you don’t feel like stooping to their level fighting over flowers. lol that seems to be an occurring thing that happens at weddings.

So my questions are-

1) Do you think the luck of getting married next only counts if you catch the brides flowers or if you keep the flowers at the wedding?

2) Also do you feel like it could have some significance for the next person to get married?

3) Or do you think it’s all just a bunch of baloney.

In my case I think it’s a silly thing. But I'm just interested in hearing peoples opinions on the topic. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• 1) Do you think the luck of getting married next only counts if you catch the brides flowers or if you keep the flowers at the wedding?

I personally don't believe either really gives you luck to be the next to get married lol. But if I had to choose one I suppose it would pick catching them... because that's all I've heard was you catch them and you're the lucky girl haha.

As I already said, no I don't really believe that. Though it might happen sometimes I think its just coincidence.

Baloney with mustard.

What Guys Said 5

• You caught them...so people taking them away won't change the luck, or the karma, involved.

People who cheat that way, will cheat every other way, and wind up unhappy!

• I don't believe in any of that. Don't know why some people believe it. People do it (throwing and catching) just for fun. I don't think many people take it seriously.

• Not sure lol, but wear heels! lol! that will make you really tall xD

• lmao I just envisioned someone tripping wearing high heels.

• haha those things are the best. I haven't seen one of those in quite a while.

• Be careful as quickly moving one of those in an upwards motion could hurt someone lol

• Its a not true. I just take pictures and enjoy the lols. :)

• that must be fun. so you're a photographer? is that your job? what other kinds of photography photos do you take? lol sorry for the random bombardment of questions. I'm just curious.

• lol yeah. yeah. yeah. All kinds but I mostly just post nature. link

• 1. It's not a luck at all.

2. It doesn't have any.

3. Yes

What Girls Said 4

• No, it's just a fun thing to do. I don't believe in "luck", at least not in that aspect. How many people do you know that caught flowers at a wedding and were actually the next one to get married? None that I know of. It's just an interesting wedding activity and nothing more in my opinion.

• i suppose it's interesting. it's funny what we do for tradition. people are just interesting in general. :)

• Yeah, it's definitely fun to watch the women fight over the flowers too. Haha :)

• It's baloney, but it's tradition and it's also kind of fun. So I'll play into it at weddings and I'll toss the bouquet at my own.

• is your wedding coming up soon? congrats!

• before I asked that other question, I guess I should ask first "have you been engaged yet?" ahah sorry for assuming.

• No, mine isn't soon. But I'm a girl, I plan these things out far in advance.

• I personally think it has nothing to do with luck and making you be the next one married. My boyfriend caught a garter and his brother got married before him who was also there. It's just a tradition that everyone loves and has fun with. At my bf's brothers wedding I was in the bouquet toss with a bunch of little girls. I'm 22, the next closest age to me was 12. I did not catch it, however the odds of that 8 year old who caught it getting married before I do is quite slim.

• very true. I think it's a pretty funny tradition. but I could really care less about this tradition. I just find it amusing when I see girls fight over flowers...I mean really they are just flowers. go buy some for yourself. lol

• I didn't fight. I just stood there and watched the little ones have at it. They had a blast with it. I later got the maid of honors boquet throw in my bfs car at me. So I still got one , but just as a decoration now.

• lol that's fun though. :)

• 1- its if youcatch them and meep them

2- it doesn't have any significance