Worst wedding traditions

I was watching say yes to the dress yesterday and that got me thinking what are some of the dumbest/worst wedding traditions you've heard about.

I'll start us off

Wedding registries- it's a cute idea, at first I didn't have a problem with this what put me off is that some brides take it too far asking you to furnish their home and buy them pointless petty things.

Others I can do without :

Throwing Rice

Assigned Seating

Brides who wear Tiara's

Most Helpful Girl

• Ugh, I hate overdone weddings with a passion. Like the weddings that cost over $50,000. It's crazy to me. I agree with the wedding registries, it's pointless. Just give them a card and money. I hate the "bride's family sits on one side, and the groom's family sit on this side" It feels like they're segregated. Plus there's the brides who think they deserve to be treated like little princesses. Lolol I can't handle it.

• Yay, thank you for Best Answer!

What Guys Said 4

• Brides who wears white. I'm sick of seeing white dresses. Time for some other colors to break back into the scene.

• P.S. I agree with the 'registries' bit. Although, some cultures have dowries so it seems like a worldwide practice.

• Registries are meant as a convenience to your guests. They can ask what you want and get a range of things and not have to worry someone else will give the same thing. You shouldn't actually tell anyone about the registry unless they ask.

Assigned seating is pretty much required at any large dinner of that size, especially when the people who should be closest to the wedding party will likely be the last to sit.

• Smashing cake in each others' face at the cake cutting.

• Weddings as a whole & marriage as an institution.

What Girls Said 5

• The first dance. Dancing with the father (I'm surprised my father has enough coordination to walk let alone dance and totally invades my crotch space because it's all he knows from dancing with my mother...awkward). Throwing the bouquet. Fruit cake (I'll be having chocolate cake).

The registry thing is fairly new I would have thought but anyway it's just a convenience thing. Sure there will be a range of prices on the register. Usually the parents of the bride and groom want to buy more expensive presents. Although these days there's no point because most couples have already set up a home together.

• The typical church wedding ceremonial. I think it's overly played out, and think there should be some different scenery added to it. Then again, everybody has their own preference on where they would like to be married. It's just too common.

• breaking plates and shouting opa !

• I hate the whole stupid white dress thing...

I hate the idea of the bride sitting while the groom takes that ruffled thing off her thigh and its suppose to be funny or something.Its just f***ing STUPID.

I hate the throwing of the bouquet of flowers...

I hate the idea of having to get married in a church.

I hate the idea of...speeches where people get overly emotional.

I hate the idea of traditional receptions with first dances between the father and bride and all of that nonsense.

With that said...I can't wait to get married because I will be doing NONE of these things.

• i hate:

*people who think others HAVE to wear white-it's their choice what they wear

*the throwing of the garter

*tiaras

*purple as a wedding color (a lot of people have it where I live)

*rice throwing

*the bouquet toss

and a lot more but I'm not going to list them all