Do you it's right for a wife to spend all of her husbands money to where he can't buy material things?

Lets say she gets angry for when when worries about how much money she spends, (knowing that she's shops a whole lot) but she feels she has a right to spend all of his money, wouldn't that be unfair?

I'm sure he shouldn't just let her walk all over him. If he stood up for himself, people would think he's a jerk and that wrongfully sterotype husbands that way.

If he works hard for his money, he also earn the right to spend money on some things he like too.

Most Helpful Guy

• My wife is not spending my money. If there's a vast wealth difference, then we'll come to some sort of agreement. If you ask me, any guy who lets his wife spend all of his money against his will is a MORON. It's not her "right" to spend his money but the law says otherwise.

What Girls Said 7

• I don't think it's fair for her to spend all the money. Both people should have set out a budget and allotted money for different expenditures. This budget should be agreed upon. There should be room for regular expenses, such as food, housing, phones, clothing, toiletries, all other necessities and any extras.

There should also be money left for savings as well, if possible. But in the end, it's not right in any relationship for one person to spend the money of the two.

If I were the guy, I would sit down and talk to my wife. It's not right that she spends all the money, when there are lots of necessities that money needs to be spent on, or at least save some money for a future goal (ie. new car, bigger house, vacation, retirement, etc...).

I don't think a person who stands up for themselves is a jerk. A jerk is a person who pushes other people around undeservedly because they can. In this situation if the husband was to stand up for himself, he would be doing so rightfully.

This is why it's so important before getting seriously involved with someone to discuss finances. Money is one of the biggest reasons many couples fight. It's a touchy subject, but it shouldn't be. Basically what you need to do is sit down with the wife, discuss common goals for the future and then create a budget that allows for you to organize money so that you can get to those goals.

• A wife should never spend all the money her husband makes. Most couple I know divide their expenses based on the income both make and then the remain, each partner spends as they want.

I could never do that... hell I feel uncomfortable when he pays for all the dates!

• well then find a woman with a job,stop complaining about gold diggers if you pursue gold diggers.

• I believe the guy should have seen such behavior during their dating days, he should stay clear from a woman who does that.

• the man supports the woman usually, but its nice for the woman to have a part-time job as well

• No I don't think she should spend all of his money. I work with a guy in a similar situation. He works two jobs, and she doesn't work. They have five kids together. At first when I met him, I thought she couldn't work and his kids were little. The two oldest are in their 20s, they don't go to school, the third is 18 and the other two are in their teens. She is perfectly capable of working, but she doesn't. She spends all his money, the kids don't work (the older ones) and she is constantly getting him to renovate the house. One time they got in a bad enough fight where he was telling us that he thought they would divorce, she kicked him out of the house and he had to sleep in his van and she took all the money out of the bank. So he decided not to divorce her and she let him have the money back and the house. Everything is his, and yet she has control over everything. I just can't believe he lets this go on. His oldest son is four years younger than me and I just don't understand how he can just sit at home and do nothing. I was out on my own by the time I was 19, I moved to a city by the time I was his age. And the guy doesn't go to school. None of them are in college.

I think it relationships, it should be equal. The only time a woman should be staying at home is for when they first have kids. She has the maternity leave, but after that she should be working again. My mom stayed home the first three years of my life and then went back to work. That's the way it should be. If there are no kids in the picture, why the hell she is at home? She should get off her lazy freeloading ass and stop being a priss and work.

• The only way I see this situation happening is if she doesn't work and I would never be in that situation. In that situation, yes, that would be wrong. But if she's contributing to the pot too, then she has every right to spend as much as she wants.

What Guys Said 6

• Those kinds of women can usually be seen from far away. Like when they're dating she'd be the that would say "If you loved me you'd get me this" or something similar.

If a guy is worried about a woman spending then I just would not get a joint bank account with her and keep the bank accounts away from each other so she can only use what she earns and simply setup the bill payments for electric and stuff accordingly.

• Yeah this is unacceptable... unfortunately too many guys lack backbone these days and allow incidents like this to happen way more often than they should.

• Absolutely not, it's not logical for her to spend all his money, because at certain points, the man will need some money for himself take take care of his needs.

• HAHAHAHAHA, I would have put the bitch in her place LOL!

• Firstly, if you are married, the money belongs to both of you, not just you as you seem to indicate.

BUT, it's not right for her to be spending it all without your consent. Put that woman on a budget.

• He's a god damned idiot if he keeps giving her the money to spend.