Guys would you rather have a career woman or a house wife?

Would you rather have somebody that is dependent on you or somebody who works and can take care of herself?

Most Helpful Guy

• This choice between career woman or a house wife can differ on situation. If neither of us make a lot of money then definitely career woman. If I make a good amount to support us then I wouldn't have a problem with a house wife as long as she did work around the house. If she made more money than me then I wouldn't have a problem with being a house husband. Where she's out making the money and I'm home keeping everything clean, fixed, and ready for when she gets home from a long day at work. I've been in relationships where I have been in all three of these situations. I like being the house husband compared to working since it's less work, but at the same time I like going out and working and then when I get home come back to a place that is already cleaned where I didn't have to do the cleaning. So, I guess to answer your question. Both don't bother me as long as the choice that is made fits with the situation at hand.

What Guys Said 10

• Most couples are people who both work. A house wife is mainly needed when two couples decided to have a kid. Some dads offer to take a stay at home role too.

If a woman is a house wife and there are no children, I'd just consider her a mooch who just had sex with a guy over and over again until he agreed to keep her around.

• House Wife would be nice for some but I'd prefer a Career Woman. Having my older brother as a roommate makes me realize that whenever my wife comes home, I can have dinner ready for her and it doesn't have to be the other way around. She doesn't have to do all the cleaning, I can pick up around the house to, no problem. But I rather both of us bring home bacon, especially if one of us were to lose our job or start a family and one of us are out of work for whatever reason.

• Career woman who's good with kids. Probably because I don't like having someone cook/clean for me so those are responsibilties I'd share with her.

• Career woman.

• career woman. personally not interested in kids.

• the way you worded it, career woman.

• I'd go either way depending on the girl, but I'd prefer her to be somewhere in the middle. I wouldn't like her to go to work for money only. I'd like her to love what she does and what generates income for her. Ideally, if she had a business that would be some sort of a hobby for her. Cause if she works 9-to-5 she won't have enough time for the family and home. I wouldn't like a man with vagina, definitely (pardon my language).

If she was a pure house wife her world would be limited to the house and kids (and neighbours) only which is something I wouldn't quite like either. Over time everyone gets fed up with the chores and wants something different.

I'm all for the golden mean.

• Either. But I would prefer a housewife. I already make a very decent amount of money from my job, enough to provide for a family. But if she wanted a career, so be it.

What I would like though is a housewife that worked part-time or did volunteer work. She would only be gone a couple hours a day and she wouldn't be bored to death. If she worked part-time, that extra money could go towards savings, vacations, bills, luxury items, etc. So it would be icing on the icing on the cake.

• The career woman. I'd want a girl who acknowledges that our lifetimes are limited and that we need to achieve as much as possible.

• Career. I don't need you for anything, why should you need me for anything? The perfect couple is two individuals who can coincide perfectly with each other.

What Girls Said 2

• I have to admit some of these comments really surprise me. Why is providing the man you love with a well kept, pleasant and relaxing place to come home to after a hard day (or night) seen as a bad thing? I have a career as a registered nurse which my husband and I both agreed after several years and a paid off mortgage, was doing less for us as a couple than my being at home would achieve. When I worked we had more money than we knew what to do with but no time or energy with which to enjoy it. We never had the same days off, and vacation timing was a nightmare. After a long talk and weighing our options, we decided we'd give the old 'husband as breadwinner, wife as homemaker' roles a shot. While our bank account may not be as large as many couples, we are far happier than anyone we know and have a relationship that others envy. We never have to synchronize vacation days, days off or spontaneously doing things that we both enjoy. We had a daughter that we both feel benefitted from having someone with her everyday besides a nanny or day care employee. While there are women whose sole goal in life is to find a man to support her so she doesn't have to work, I'm not one of them. I do all the yard work (mowing 4 acres), raise a garden every summer and do many small home maintenance jobs and improvements so that he doesn't have to deal with them. I certainly don't sit on the couch and watch TV all day! I would never have dreamed I would be as happy being a homemaker as I am. After our daughter began school I returned to worked for several years to boost the bank account, then off and on to augment our income for large expenditures and vacations but when I am able to, I prefer to be home and devote my time to making mine and my husband's life easier and more serene. Now that I'm older, I don't plan on returning to work unless and until the financial need arises. There is more to life than who dies with the most toys.

• And for what it's worth, my husband like it (and me) a lot a more when I'm home.

• I couldn't be a housewife even if I was paid. I've been the breadwinner in a relationship before and there's a lot of resentment when you feel like you are doing all the heavy lifting and the other person is just lounging on the couch and nothing gets done. So pretty much you are a full time wifey/career woman. If that was a marriage it would have failed before the first year. One definitely need more in their world than just house chores. It builds your confidence, expands your opportunities... Hell Colonel Sanders sold his first piece of fried chicken when he was 60 something. We should never stop dreaming and growing till we breath our last.

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”