Would you want a girl that was waiting until marriage

For me sex is so personal, I'd have to wait until marriage.

Most Helpful Guy

• There's a problem with that, in this day and age.

Women on average, are getting married about 26-27.

Women are physically ready for sex often 16-17. Guys, pretty much the same.

In the old days, like in the Bible, girls could easily wait until marriage, because they'd get married about 16 years old. These days--what person that doesn't have intimacy issues will want to wait 10 years to have sex after they're physically ready? Our culture is at odds with that sort of morality.

Also, when someone waits that long--if you're 25-29, you've waited about 9 years since you were physically ready for sex--it becomes part of your life. Being a virgin is part of your identity. Not only would it probably be extremely hard for a 25-29 virgin woman to be alright with sex, but logically, she'd probably expect it to be awesome. She's waited for years, hasn't she? Expectations build over time.

And would she be okay with frequent sex once she was married? Habits are hard to break. I had a really bad dating experience with this one girl, and I haven't dated since, two years. Now the thought of asking a girl out is about as exciting as having a cavity filled. Ugh!

Final problem is--as you get older, the guys who are still single and will be okay with waiting will probably fall into a few categories.

1. Losers who pretty much never had sex, so they're fine waiting.

2. Very religious guys who probably are already married so they can have gospel approved sex.

3. And pretty much no one else.

What Guys Said 32

• I don't. I'm very open sexually and even have uncommitted sex. I feel it helped me discover more about myself. I tend to notice girls who wait mainly wait for religious reasons. Other than that the girl is just very reserved in many ways and prefers things in private in general.

I'm also one who doesn't look for a woman to marry but just to feel together with. Marriage today is very corrupt. I wouldn't want to go through a $25,000 ceremony just for sex. I think people who feel it helps see if the guy is serious about her really have it backwards. I feel sex before marriage clouds judgment.

Honestly, girls who have sex are very good people. Other people just do mean things to destroy their image.

• F*** NO! now let me explain why...

lets say theoretically there was a perfect couple tht loved each other in every way but they were both christian so they never had sex...then they get married and they have sex for the first time...it sucks the guys penis is small and he cannot satisfy his wonderful wife in any way just because he simply is not good at sex and she cannot even feel his touch and when she tries to pleasure him she doesn't do a good job and he can barley cum...

now this couple is perfect in every way but one they are sexually incompatible...

now some may say tht sex isn't a big part of a relationship but it is...its wht breeds cheating if this mans wife is never satisfied during sex she will go and attempt to be satisfied through other means IE:adultary or mastrabation (both are condemmed) now this horrible relationship filled with cheating and pain of divorce couldve all been avoided if they simply tried each other during the dating phase...

now please explain to me WHY THE F*** YOU LOGICALLY WANT TO WAIT UNTIL MARRIAGE TO TRY YOUR PARTNER?

it makes no sense this is why people get divorced if someone is never sexually satisfied the marriage/relationship will fail...

why do you have this belief? god? std? pregnancy?

• Yea I have respect for women who are able to have uncommitted sex as well.

Girls who wait for marriage when not religious really just allow their insecurities to interfere with their ability to mature as an individual. They'd rather live in a shell never getting in touch with their own emotions because some dumb girl bashed another girl over having sex with a guy.

Let's spend $25,000+ on a ceremony just to end up another divorce statistic.

• Yeah, if its not religious reasons that fits in with how she lives in general, its a HUGE red flag. Same with males.

• definitely like I think HS health class attempt to scare girls into christian values which I think is BS like the say do nothing sexual and say tht you can get stds through mutual mastrbation...like REALLY? a HJ can give you herpes if you're both virgins and everything?

man b4 I had tht class I was already a no-virgin for about three years... never caught nothin and always had fun...this old age no sex til marriage sh*t is a croc tht the government is tryin so desperate to keep going...

• being honest with myself...i'd probably need some sort of physical satisfaction. If the chemistry and connection was really really amazing I'd want to make it work but being realistic with myself I'd probably need some oral or some other type of sexual satisfaction

• Its certainly up to an individual and if that's what you want to do, fair play. However, with my attitudes towards sex and stuff there is no way I could be with someone who wanted to wait, just wouldn't be compatible with me, I'd need to sexually connect and bond with the person before knowing if I wanted to marry them.

• Absolutely not.

• It depends. It's like the old saying of not buying a car without a test drive. That being said, if your personality and eagerness to do other things infers that we'd be sexually compatible then I might go for it.

• i respect it but I would have no part in that. Sex is amazing and marriage is not a reason to wait anymore because marriage and is taken seriously and as special as it use to be. Divorce rates are climbing and the number of people who want to wait are dwindling. It was a good thought but after you have sex for the first time you get married you will have wished you done it sooner rather than later.

• I would respect her belief, however if she wanted to wait until marriage, then it wouldn't work out for me. It doesn't mean sex is all I think about but I believe when you're in a good relationship with a person and you have great chemistry then whatever happens happen as long as they're doing it in a safe and responsible way.

Premarital sex can be just like kissing, as long as you're using condoms or she can be on birth control pills, so no big deal.

• I would definitely wait if we both loved each other and knew that it was the only way to keep the relationship going.

• If you marry at 35 what would you do?

• My wife and me did so, therefore a clear "yes" by me :)

• personally, no.

i value a deep commitment as well, however, I don't like setting a timetable on when sex should begin. I like to let it just happen naturally and not on any sort of due date.

sex is not the main factor in a relationship but it is still one of many factors I want to double-check before I commit myself to anyone.

• I wouldn't even care. I could wait for sex long, long after marriage. It just falls so low on my priority list.

• only if she was a virgin, like oral,vag and anal virgin. other then that id tell her to kick rocks

• you wanna test drive the car before you buy it right?

• sex is the last thing I think about when I'm with a woman I love.

• Yeah I would. Definitely.

• I wouldn't mind waiting

• dont think ill ever marry, I don't even want to be in a relationship so big no from me

• I agree, but I wouldn't turn a girl down if she did not wait, as long as she respects my choice.

• If there is a better understanding, and she is purely ready without any force, I can't wait

• Absolutely, that is my preference and would only marry a virgin girl. However, it also depends a bit on why she is waiting

• No, I wouldn't. Also I wouldn't marry (unless it was necessary for some actual practical reason). But that doesn't mean you shouldn't wait. If you feel like waiting, then wait, it's just that you reduce your chances of finding a partner (like wanting to marry a ginger woman). But again, if that's what you want, go for it. Don't let other people dictate your sexual behavior.

FYI, there're communities of asexual people (people who have no (or little) sexual drive) who are more than willing to wait as long as possible (and even longer). You might want to look into it.

• i will wait till marriage too but I might finger her vag&^%%$(won't penetrate) or suck her boo*&^ to see how she might probably react during sex.You may also try giving him an oral or something to see if he has a huge dic&%$$

• sure

• The odds of finding a girl that waited until marriage is pretty slim, and gets slimmer as we get older. So it isn't a trait most guys really have any expectation of getting. So there isn't much importance placed on it. It would be nice to find a girl like that but it isn't a priority.

• Derfinitely. I'm saving myself for marriage and I'm only interested in girls who also plan to save themselves for marriage. To me there is nothing more romantic and erotic than saving yourself for your life partner and experiencing sex together with them.

• Yes, I would.

• If you were this girl I love and told me that: I certainly would ! So if he really loves you he'll wait. If not he'll move on.

• Um.. I just was crazy in love with a dream girl for 3 years that had a boyfriend who she went home to was having sex with her. I meet her at work and I was a option but we fell in love. She did fall in love enough want to be with me but I couldn't because she had a man who dominated her every moment and she loved also His many friends was in every aspect of her daily life including at her apartment where he lives also. I didn't know this until a couple of months ago when I found and read her twitter account of the last 3 years. I waited and turned down so many girls. I'm so stupid because I'm older. She never got to choose from the best of everyone or a dream guy because she was dominated by him. On of the things she liked most was dirty oral sex she stated. Anyone give a girl good oral sex. They to win any girl give them oral sex all the time. She was caught up into her lifestyle with him and he changed her nature over those few years. Maybe when she has a baby and realizes what she lost in me she might want me back. She thinks she is in love because he made her the happiest. Maybe I could of made her happier.. She never found out if he really was the best. She is young dumb and now his. Anyone can learn to be a good lover or fall in love. If you find and ask people who had everything this guy gave her and are now are divorced you will find out why you should wait and look for compadablity. Life is to short to go through lots of relationships because you are having the most fun right now.

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 1

• I waited until I was married to have sex. I used to think sexual compatibility was a worldly view until I experienced it. I was a very naive person before I got married. I did not know his bedroom behavior and I was shocked to learn his issues with being intimate. Marriage is the ultimate commitment. You need to see that person in every light. That being said...

I respect your view because I was once in your shoes. I hope you find the right person.

• Waiting shouldn't mean not talking it through... My wife and me knew each other pretty well also in this aspect - we just hadn't done it in reality yet. We knew each others' preferences, fantasies, etc. And our love life is actually getting better and better.

• I've talked to women who are married who have bedroom problems. They are stuck in pretty bad situations. Some cheat and some permit other people to have sex with their partner too. I hope I don't end up in such situations.

• @thtdiablo I am happy for you. True love is hard to find.

@Theguyoverthere I would never step outside the lines of marriage (cheat) but I will not lead an unhappy life. Our relationship ended due to many factors. We rushed into marriage and paid the price for it. I have learned a lot of valuable lessons in the past few years.