If you were engaged, would you let Facebook know?

If you were engaged would you let Facebook know? Considering your family members is on they guy page and your relationship is too and you want them to know. if a guy isn't saying anything about an engagement even though he is very active on social media, but let the girl spread the word by herself does that mean he's not intended to marry you even though he gave you the ring? Could it be other reasons for the ring but not engagement like he told you? I'm a girl but he refuse to upload pictures of us together. I had to tagg him in pictures and he only likes them

Most Helpful Girl

• I think I'd tell all my closest people in person (family, close friends) and then post it to Facebook. But yeah, I really don't know why your guy is being so private about it. Maybe ask him why?

What Girls Said 7

• I would but at times I can be lazy and now show it the relationship status.

if it bothers you, then I would have a discussion with your partner if I was you to tell him nicely

• I don't have FB. lol

• I think it's up to the person. Also, telling people you're engaged on Facebook is kind of impersonnal. It's better to tell it to the people that matter face to face, but that's just my opinion. And it's not because you don't tell it on Facebook that it's less true.

For example, when I got together with my boyfriend, I never post about it, he didn't either, but our friends know we're together nonetheless.

• If I was engaged I would want people to know so I don't get date requests from random people

• I don't think I would post about it but I would change my relationship status to engaged I think

• I definitely would

• I don't think telling everyone they are engaged is as important to guys as it is to girls.

What Guys Said 2

• i'd probably post it on Facebook, but I don't think because a guy doesn't make an announcement on Facebook that he has no intention of marrying the person. maybe he just doesn't make those announcements.

fb to me just isn't all that important, it simply isn't. I'm not interested in letting everyone tom d*** and harry know every aspect of my life. sometimes I don't put stuff on Facebook because it simply doesn't occur to me. I prefer to live my life in the real world. faecbook to me is a resource it isn't a way for me to live my life or an essential component in my everyday life

• I wasn't talking about this kind of situation I'm talking about if your relationship was already on Facebook

• so you mean changing your relationship status? or make a status annoucement?

• I would change my relationship status, so my friends would get the update.