Is marriage a learning experience only for men but a teaching experience for women?

I heard a comedian say that (which I disagree) he also said this, if the wife makes a mistakes in something, then that's acceptable but if the husband makes mistakes, then that's stupid of him... I also disagree with that comedian on that as well.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it depends on the marriage, but in an ideal marriage it is both a learning and teaching experience for both. In many marriages men become slugs and that makes their wife frustrated. The wife tries to shrug some responsibilities off on her husband who does not want them so feigns incompetence and then earning her fury, meanwhile he does not want to upset her if she does something wrong, or is unaware she did so he says nothing when she makes mistakes. This is why in many marriages women teach, men listen, women get frustrated and men are blissfully oblivious. This model is outdated though, and just the roles are equalizing just as they are in the workplace.

• The male gender is having a bad reputation in society

• I don't think it's funny if it seem's like guys have a bad reputation, more like sad.

• like I said, I think both have a bad reputation depending on the environment. I was not laughing because they are portrayed in a bad light, I was laughing because it seems rare you hear people complaining about how a man is seen in modern society. Women have faced so much more that people are often oblivious to stereotypes directed at men.

What Girls Said 2

• @f the wife makes a mistakes in something, then that's acceptable but if the husband makes mistakes, then that's stupid of him.. Is marriage a learning experience only for men but a teaching experience for women? - GirlsAskGuys.com

_________that would mean she's the idiot not the teacher. that its expected shell f*** up because she is dumb. whereas he is he'd to a higher standard so if he fcks up its stupid- like her.

i think in any relationship. if you're not both learning its not working.

• Marriage is a learning tool for both genders

What Guys Said 4

• I don't take any comedian's "life lessons" to the heart.

Its a learning experience for both sexes.

• This is just another example of many male comedians (and men in general) self deprecating for laughs. Unfortunately, this is what happens...both men and women are led to believe what these guys say is true when in fact it's just for laughs.

The same doesn't really happen in the reverse because women typically are more easily offended (and feel entitled to NOT be offended) and are generally off limits these days when it comes to humor...a protected class.

• Women blame the guy so yeah in general that's right

• marriage is a learning experience for women too right?

• It is but she won't get harped on for making a mistake like a guy would

• where did you get that from? It shouldn't seem like women can get away with more things in life, like women are beneath them

• Though sometimes comedians make good points in marriage, its just something to think about. IMO marriage is learning experience for both. I have noticed that women find a guy that becomes their own life long project, where she tries to change, and mold him to how she wants him to be. Kinda like training him. Yet, most guys don't want the girl to change, they want the girls to be the same person she was on the wedding day.