Ladies, if you were engaged and your fiance died, would you still wear the ring?

Just curious.

Most Helpful Guy

• I know this question is directed for women, but it was interesting so I'll play along too.

For me, I would at least wear the ring through the initial grieving process. I would probably not wear it for an extended time, though, and I actually don't think I'd keep it. Not because I didn't love her, but because I think it would be healthiest for me and my recovery. I wouldn't want to move forward with a new woman eventually, only for her to find out that I still kept my old engagement ring. It would just feel kind of weird to me, I guess.

What Guys Said 4

• I know this question is directed to women, but guys have lost fiance's too.

I know a guy who lost his fiance from a suicide in 2002. He grieved for a whole year until he had the strength to put away all her stuff in storage or to give it to her parents. It took him another 3 years before he started to actually date again.

I honestly think he hasn't gotten over her, because he's still single and is not really trying to find someone new, but he doesn't own anything of her anymore as far as I know.

• Until grieving phase was over.

• For a time.

• sell it

What Girls Said 11

• Nope. It would just be a bad reminder that I'm never going to get married to the man who I was in love with. For me it would make the healing process harder. Everyone deals with grief differently so I don't think there's a wrong or right way to deal with it in this sorta situation.

• Yes. And then when the day came that I was okay with it, I would buy a chain and wear it as a necklace. Necklaces are closest to the heart, I guess.

• That's my thinking, it would probably be a while til I'd be okay taking it off.

• Yes, I would.

• I would<3

• Probably until the grieving phse was over. Why would you want to lose that when your heart is hurtng so much? I think that having that reminder around would make it easier to cope.

• Yep.

• This sounds like the start of a great country song. And I'd probably put it away immediately, but I've always been taught to put away things at the start of any grieving process. It's cold but its better than twisting it on my finger, bawling every single day. My mental health would be more important than some sense of honor. When I felt better, I'd probably take the ring out again and cherish it.

• Ya I think I probably would till I was ready to take it off.

• I would probably still wear it until I got over it

• I'd wear it through the grieving process. But forever? definitely not, I'd have to move on sometime.

• I'd definitely wear it for a while. After some time had gone by and life became more normal again, I'd probably wear it on my other hand, to remember him.