I've never had a girlfriend and if I ever do get one I do not want my first girlfriend to become my wife

Is this a bad, negative quality of me? That I don't care if she is the right one or not? I don't want to settle down or get married anytime soon but me being 24, almost 25 I'm worried most girls in that age range are looking to date and be in a relationship with guys who are husband material instead of boyfriend material

Am I right that most girls 25 or older are looming to settle down and get married?
Hopefully I get my first girlfriend before 30
Its very hard for me to stop feeling regretful

Most Helpful Guy

• No, it's not bad. But when you do get a girlfriend, your feelings for her are what will determine if you go along with what you're saying now or not. Everything you say before it actually happens is just what you THINK you want, or don't want, up until it IS what is happening. So no, it's not bad, it's how you feel at the moment, and what you THINK you will feel always, but people usually change the way they think depending on certain circumstances.

What Girls Said 7

• Most girls at that age are looking to settle down, but not all of them want that. I just hope you don't give up something wonderful because you got it at the time you weren't hoping for. Remember that true love beats playing the field.

• what do you mean give up something wonderful?

• I mean if you meet the right girl and you run away from her because you don't want to settle down. You'd really be giving up something special.

• Yeah we I just want the relationship experience

• It depends because somemight just have got out of a bad relationship and just want to have company. I say you should tell them your not ooking for hing seriousbut enjoy having a girlfriend. They can take it or leave it.

• Most girls, I'm not one of them but I have 2 older sisters who planned out their wedding when they were 6 years old. Pictured the perfect guy, the perfect dress and everything else. But now they are 24 years older nothing happened the way it was supposed to, I think most think is he marriage material or is this just for fun. Again have fun! Don't worry!

• does that mean I'm going to have to go for younger girls?

• All girls are different! Just have fun! Just let them know upfront that you aren't planning to get married.

• I understand what you're saying.

I think it's perfectly fine but that you DO need to be upfront about it. That way you won't waste someones times.

You just need to date around. There's nothing wrong with that. Find out what you like/want and have fun.

• If that's the case then just date, no need to be picky about the quality of girl if you have no intention of marrying her.

• Yeah well it worries me because it looks most girls are looking to marry and settle down after college

• I would say your assumption is incorrect.. Go out and have fun!

• try dating someone between 18-21.

What Guys Said 5

• Not all girls 24 and such are looking for that trust me. Plus some women are aware of how much of a scam marriage is for guys and are understanding about it. There are women looking to never get married just like there are women who never want to have a child. I honestly feel that the women who are insanely intent on getting married have something very wrong with them from what I have seen in those types of women.

Only some girls 25 and up are looking for a marriage and honestly if you met one of them chances are she is gonna be so picky that she'll pass on you over the dumbest reason and stay single. A huge problem with a lot of girls is that they have unrealistic expectations of the opposite gender when it comes to dating. If you go into online dating and stay on there long enough you will see the same profiles on the site still active year after year. They'll say they want a good guy blah blah blah and yet somehow never meet one when they are messaged 30+ times a day. Do you really think someone receiving 30+ messages a day cannot find one single guy years later and settle down?

• thinking about this makes me feel regret but I'm not gonna dwell on it obviously that's not going to change anything but unfortunately I'm not getting any younger either

• I've thought about this as well. Sure, I'd like to have a long-term relationship but I know, at this point in my life, it would be for 2-3 years tops. It's not odd that you want to experience more than one partner during your life.

I believe it's different for girls because there's a lot of pressure on the girls who do want families to meet a good guy and start setting up for a family in her mid-late 20's and to have children in her early 30's. This is most likely the reason why you're experiencing this worry. You should try dating younger girls around 21-23 since they don't have this mindset.

Of course, this is an oversimplification. I'm well aware that girls think differently from one another and are possibly working on a much different time-scale than mentioned.

• makes me more angry and upset how I can't change the past

• This is why I hate it when people say that it is never too late

• Don't see anything wrong with that but be upfront about it