My wife always follows me around everywhere!

She constantly follows me around and is always like ''what are WE doing now?'' its so annoying because she has no life of her own and makes me sit at home with her for hours and hours. If I try to leave she gets really upset and makes me feel guilty. She is always trying to arrange stuff for us to do together and I just want my own space! I don't want to hurt her as I know she loves me, but how can I make her get the hint and leave me alone?! x

Most Helpful Girl

• Omg, I think your wife is the one who should be looking for advice about this, not you.

By "making her get the hint" you probably mean - announcing that you're going out with your friends, being quiet, doing stuff that don't include her (like a hobby you have but she doesn't), or maybe even avoiding her... The only hints she gets when you do something like that is that she needs to fight for your attention even more. So, don't do it that way.

Even though that hint may not be bad in itself, she's obviously doing it the wrong way . If she actually did leave you alone and dedicated her time to herself a bit, I guess you'd be eager to give her some attention.

You should encourage her to pursue some dream or some hobby she always wanted to do but never tried. Buy her a book that she may find interesting. Encourage her to reconnect with friends, or to make new friends. Tell her that you want her to dedicate her time to herself because you love her and you know that is good for her.

But first and foremost, you should talk to her. Tell her you sometimes need some "me time" and it's nothing personal, you just need it. It would be best if you don't say this when she's desperate for your attention and trying to keep you by her side. Do it while you're both in some relaxed mood. Tell her you sometimes need to blow off some steam alone to remind yourself why you miss her.

What Girls Said 4

• This is what you signed up for. Sounds like you guys recently got married though. This could be something newlyweds go through? If so, give it some time for the newness to wear off.

• aahah aw your wife is the clingy type.

• sounds like you don't like her... but if your in a relationship with her, that's what couples do... they do stuff together... yes, each person needs their own space, which is acceptable... but if you don't want ANYTHING to do with her... then things need to end.. but, if she's making that effort to arrange things to together, its only cause she sees you guys as an "item"

• Yeah I know but it;s like I can't even fart without her knowing about it..I just need some breathing room that's all

• honestly, the only thing I can offer, is be open to her.. if you want to be with her, the only thing you can do is be open and honest..

• Oh my god how long have you been married. I think you should tell her straight. Unless it's her attempt to get your attention ( deeper situation )

• 4 years now, She was like this when we were dating too UGH! I can't even fart without her knowing about it sheesh!

• We'll you should talk to her then you nutter I bet she just wants you to be a bit affectionate with her and good luck

What Guys Said 1

• There's an easy answer that will give her something else to think about... babies?