My husband got hit in his testicles by our daughter and he actually got mad at her. Is that normal?

Our daughter is 12 and she recently has been taking karate. My husband and I walk out of the bedroom after having some intimate time, and we go to get her out of bed for school. She's wide awake playing the wii so my husband told her in a stern way to stop doing that and get ready for school. Doesn't she punch him straight in his boxer briefs bringing him to the floor. I thought he was going to die. But anyway long story short he screamed at her and then me. And now days later he still is pissed about it. I think he needs to grow up, but he basically said he was in so much pain that he wasn't thinking and he was in even more pain because right before it happened we had sex. Did this happen to anyone out there and how'd you or your significant other respond?

Thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• sometimes during childbirth a woman will be in so much pain they will lash out at the doctor, nurse or partner who is the room... now I'm not comparing the pain of childbirth to that of being hit in the groin but I'm saying pain often manifests itself in anger

getting hit in the junk is one of the most painful experiences a guy can have. there is an immediate reaction of anger because the pain is so great. I think combined with that is the frustration that she intentionally hit him in the junk... I would talk to him later whne things have subsided and explain to him that you understand it's painful but he really nees to try and control his anger with the children

What Guys Said 5

• No, I think he's in his right. What your daughter did is very bad.

Of course, she is still in that idiotic age where she won't necessarily understand it.

But yeah, if your husband went to the floor, that was no mistake.

Honestly, if she had done to me, she would have taken a good pair of slaps in the face, full force.

• getting hit there is possibly the most painful thing a man can experience

• it happened to me. my 11yo daughter was sitting next to me on the couch. she turned towards me and punched me hard on the balls. it hurt so bad I puked.after 5 minutes I got ice cubes and a baggie and went to my room and layed on my bed with ice on my balls. both my balls swelled up and then my daughter walks in my room and she's crying. she was scared and thought she was in trouble. I had the sex talk with her

• 1. His daughter his him.

2. His daughter hit him in an area that she is NOT supposed to touch.

3. It hurt, BAD.

4. She didn't follow his instructions.

5. He's angry, whether because he just reacted or whatever, I don't know.

6. What madhatters4 said.

• Yeah I would have roundhouse kicked her.

What Girls Said 5

• His daughter intentionally hit him in response to him telling her not to do something.

That is HIGHLY disrespectful!

At 12 your daughter does have the capacity to know better than to hit someone and also not hit someone there.

He's pissed at you because you seem to think it's okay. A 12 year old is no longer your "baby/small child"

• I'd be A LOT more concerned that your 12 year is OK hitting her dad.

• This. His reaction was pretty normal because that hurts like a b**ch and a 12 year old should know better than do just punch her dad in the nads.

• Exactly. I don't know a man that likes to get hit in his testicles and the fact that his 12 year old daughter did it raises a lot of flags for me. If it was a 4 year old they wouldn't understand how much it hurts but they should still know hitting is wrong.

• i would be mad too!

• He didn't over react. Why is your child hitting her dad. I would smack the sh*t out of her

• How are you 24 and have a 12 year old?

Anyway...he has every right to be mad at her but I think he handled it incorrectly. You need to step up as a parent and explain to her that it is wrong to do that. Just because she *can* doesn't means she should.

I'd have smacked her across the face but I'm 20 and no where near mature enough to have a child. My sister is 12 and if she hit me or if she kicked my boyfriend in the nads I'd have smacked her.