Do women spend as much on the guys wedding ring as he spends on her ring?

Do women spend as much on the guys wedding ring as he spends on her ring ?

• She spends just as much as he does for their rings
  • She pays less for his ring than he does for her ring
Would girls be fine not getting an engagement ring? I wouldn't want to buy one if I was marrying someone cause it seems like a waste of money. The engagement ring seems stupid in my opinion and I think the wedding ring is the only ring that matters

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the guy traditionally buys all the rings involved in marriage.

• Really?

• Yeah most people seem to ignore updates. I'm not surprised since most updates people post are pointless

• Yeah and you would really be limiting who sees the question.

What Girls Said 9

• I think if you're going into the marriage worried about spending more on your future wife than she spends on you you're going to have bigger problems.

Essentially when you get married you're sharing finances so you're both spending the money you will be sharing. If you're not sharing everything you own why are you getting married in the first place?

@ update - your future wife may have a bigger problem with your thinking that an engagement is stupid and not getting her one. 98% of women get an engagement ring. When people ask her why she doesn't have one are you going to be happy with her saying "my husband thinks they're stupid and he didn't want to spend his money on it" ?

You do realize that a healthy marriage is more about your spouse and not you, right? (Just like on her end it's more about you) Based on your question I don't think marriage is for you...

Read this if you're considering it:

link

• Do women spend as much on the guys wedding ring as he spends on her ring ?

Probably nor considering it seems most married guys don't wear their wedding ring if they even have one.

Would girls be fine not getting an engagement ring?

Probably if their wedding ring was presented to them during the proposal that way they could have some solid evidence that they are going to be married in their mind.

• Neither of my parents regularly wear their wedding rings as it poses a hazard in their work environment. They are doctors who work in a hospital and rings harbour so much disgusting bacteria that could be passed to patients. Also they could pose a risk if giving patients MRI's. So I imagine that most people who do not wear a ring have a reason for doing so, usually work related. Or they're allergic to the metal and haven't found an alternative material.

• @musicbrain5

Unsure what your solitary account has anything to do with my commentary on the majority of males seemingly not wearing their ring if they even have one...as nowhere did I state there aren't gals that also don't wear their rings...o.O.

• I think it depends. Women's wedding rings/engagement rings tend to have diamonds on them and hence cost more than a normal wedding band. Unless the girl gets a guy a truly spectacular ring e.g. platinum ring with tiny diamonds or something bigger, it is inevitable that a guy will spend more on a wedding ring. I truly believe it depends on the type of ring and not on gender.

• As far as I know, the guy gets all the rings. Which I don't think is fair anyway. I think wedding rings are overrated, how some women care so much about the quality of the diamond. I'm more of a tattoo wedding band all the way heheh You can't accidentally lose it

• i didn't know that women buy engagement or wedding rings

• Depends on the person I guess v e be the simplest ring can cost quite a bit

• I am thinking it is less.

• Typically, no. However, if he wants a fancy ring and I can afford it, by all means.

• Doesn't the guy buy all the rings?

• I always assumed she bought his ring. If that's the case I don't want to get married lol

What Guys Said 7

• Guys buy both an engagement and wedding ring so in that sense, not often will a women spend more then a man on rings. However, it's the engagement ring that costs the most. That's normally the fancy one.

When it comes to the actual wedding ring, a simple golden wedding band is the normal for both genders. If only looking at the wedding band pricing, a man's ring is likely going to cost more simply because of the size and weight.

• The guy traditionally buys her an engagement ring, and a wedding ring. Its been common for some time now for the woman to also buy him a wedding ring.

The engagement ring tends to be by far the most expensive, since its the one you put big gemstones on. The wedding rings are -usually- plainer. Given that his ring may have literally more metal than hers, his -wedding- ring may cost more than her -wedding- ring, but less than her engagement.

If she has some kind of engagement-wedding set or opted for a fancy wedding ring instead of engagement, it might cost more.

• From what I've seen the guy buys all of the rings... but yes the guys wedding band is cheaper.

• from my understanding guys buy both rings.

Male wedding rings are cheaper even if they are the same shape and size as the woman's because most men don't care about the ring as much as the person they are with.

• You need to speak to your girlfriend about it, I agree with you that engagement rings are a waste of money.

On wedding rings, usually a guy's is more expensive since more gold is needed.

• The guy always spends a fortune on a ring for a woman, but the woman never pays a fortune for a ring.

• The man's ring is typically a very simple band and costs very little compared to hers.

Can you imagine the cries of "inequality" we'd be hearing if it were the other way around?