I'm I horrible I do not like my engagement right? and do I tell him?

Well the last couple of months my boyfriend has been talking about proposing to me. He even took me to jewelry store having me try on rings and telling me that he wanted me to get the ring I wanted. But as soon as I found my ring he came to me saying how he was sorry but he could not get me the ring I wanted that he would have to give me his grandmothers ring. The thing is the ring isn't me at all! Its the exact opposite that I wanted. I normally can tell him everything but I just can't seem to dring myself to tell him how I feel this time. It not that I don't appreciate it because I do but I just can help but to be a bit disappointed that I won't get the ring of my dreams. Am I terrible for this? Do I tell him or just keep it to myself? Help me!

Most Helpful Guy

• Noticed you said boyfriend and not fiancé. Is here a reason for this or just out of habit?

It's a family heirloom. N only do he want you to be family, but his family wants you in so much that they are passing down something as precious as his grandmothers ring...for you. Deal with it. Engagement rings are extremely expensive. Like thousands. They say your supposed to do like 3 months salary? For me that's about $6k. I don't exactly have that laying around. Your boyfriend (fiancé) probably doesn't either.

What Guys Said 1

• Gosh, I'm sure glad women are not shallow like men are.

What Girls Said 2

• I think you should value that he gave you a sentimental piece of jewelry even if it's not what you had in mind. You could suggest wedding ring shopping.

• ahaha, no.

You make not like how it looks, but what it stands for.