I don't believe in sex before marriage, and I'm worried no guy will want to be with me, is this a problem?

I have never had sex before, and I don't plan on it until I get married, but as I'm talking to friends and guys I m starting to get worried that no guy will want to have a relationship with me, because they won't be willing to wait. I consider myself pretty and everything, but there is tons of really pretty girls out there, who can give guys exactly what they want. Do you think this is a real problem, or am I worried over nothing?

Most Helpful Guy

• That's admirable, especially in such a sexually "liberated" society. To remain a virgin requires a strong level of self control and descipline. For the most part there is a huge difference between someone being a virgin only because they can't get laid compared to someone saving themselves for marriage. Although I doubt many people would struggle to lose their virginity...

Believe ir or not a lot of guys (hard to put a number on it but I'd say most) even prefer virgins for marriage, even the players, I suppose it would depend on what the guy is looking for from you more. The sex or you on if he would be willing to overlook not being able to have sex. To have sex with someone saving themselves till marriage would mean he'd have to really make a commitment to you which won't be straight forward and will help you pick out the good from the bad. Good luck though! :D

What Guys Said 8

• Waiting for sex doesn't bother me whatsoever as I could care less about it, yes it will bother a lot of guys because apparently sex is more important than finding someone who cares about you. The issue I'd maybe have could be a clash in beliefs, although I'm not bothered about sex, I'd fear my beliefs are different to someone who is very religious, especially if it affects how they live their life.

• Plenty of guys would be willing to wait if they are serious about getting married soonish and think you might be the one.

As you get older, fewer guys will be interested in a monogamous but not marriage-track relationship with you. Because in that scenario, they are not waiting for marriage. They are simply not having sex until you break up.

• You are within reason to be worried. However, you shouldn’t be totally discouraged. There are guys who believe the same way you do. I know because I am one of them.

• There are guys willing to wait. I was one and I have known others who have waited and are waiting. You need to find someone who either respects or shares the same beliefs you have regarding sex before marriage.

• It's not a problem if you communicated this to the guys you meet clearly and early on so that they are given a fair chance of making their decision before real feelings start to develop.

• Despite what you hear on GAG and elsewhere, there are a lot of men who respect, admire and prefer women who respect themselves enough to wait for marriage.

• It depends on how much the guy wants to be married. For a man that wants to get married your waiting until marriage is more likely going to be a huge plus. For a man that is just looking for sex, it will be a problem for him. It also depends on how long you need to be going out before you would agree to marry him. Most men are not going to date for 10 years without ever having sex.

• Well, you're chosing to exclude the majority of men from your dating and relationship pool.

Like eliminating winning tickets from a Lotto, you're reducing your chances of winning (ie of finding a man)

That's your choice, but you have to accept the consequences of that decision.

What Girls Said 3

• I think you are worried over nothing, because a lot of guys prefer their wives to be virgins till marriage. Some even think its a deal breaker. They like to know that that their soul-mate is innocence and pure from other men. I even believe in not having sex before marriage because its basically something that I feel that respect my values. My sister on the hand thinks its necessary to have sex before marriage because it helps you decide if you want to end up with this person for the rest of your life.

Do what you feel comfortable with!

• many girls think the same way as you, don't conclue anything based on what you read here. the responses from guys here doesn't represent all the guys. I have a girlfriend who didn't give into her boyfriend request but they have been together more than 5 yrs.

the guy just respected her choice

:)

it is not easy to find a good guy who will respect the choices we made in life, I would think if they can't make us feel comfortable with our choices perhaps we are not meant together...

if you force yourself to have sex before marriage you wouldn't enjoy it because it is against what you believe in.

• Why are you bowing down to others? letting them decide what is moral for you or not? Girl grow a back bone, really. ew...

I also am waiting till I'm married and I GIVE NO FCKS IF PPL DON'T LIKE IT. I'll die a virgin before I have sx before marriage. Thas me.. I do not care if people don't like it.. you're letting others decide for you, why are you even waiting. Sorry, but this pizzes me off.