Why is my male cousin engaged to an unattractive woman?

It's not just me that noticed this but so did my friends, my brother and certain people. He is the type of guy that can really do better, he is good looking, smart, doesn't sleep around and his two prior gfs were as attractive as him.

However, this is the 3rd woman he's been with but to many of us she's like a 4/10 (seriously), is too bookish to the point it's boring, has no sense of humor and on top of that is overweight and sometimes dresses up weirdly. She really looks like the type of woman that probably hardly ever got hit on in school.

What can he possible see in her? Why would an 8/10 in looks man go for a 4/10 woman?

I'm not trying to be shallow but damn, that really surprise me since he's a guy that clearly knows the difference between an attractive woman and one that's not.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have heard the advice before that if a man wants a happy marriage he should marry a woman slightly uglier than himself. The fact she isn't as attractive most likely causes her to have issues that make her work harder to keep him happy.

• I guess. Apart from her bookish manners (in brains, I admit she's equal as him in that part), she seems like a great cook. I guess that must have compensate it somehow but still, to many men if they don't find her good in the looks department, they generally would friendzone her and there isn't too much she can do to make it up to it.

• This is very true and happening in my mother's relationship right now, but it is vice versa!

• That makes sense. When choosing a life partner, you need to get your priorities straightened out first. Otherwise your married life will be a living hell.

What Guys Said 3

• You may not be trying to be shallow, but you totally are. Maybe he likes who she is on the inside *GASP* Maybe he figured out that basing a relationship off of looks is a bad idea...

• Well this is new to me. I've heard about some women going for unattractive men but usually they can compensate looks with their personality and other aspects. However, it's much harder for an unattractive women to compensate her looks since that's what men (generally) initially go for. I've always seen 7-9/10 in looks women go for 4/10 in looks men but this is the first time I'm seeing it the other way around.

• When people can get turned on to cars and walls, how is it so surprising he is turned on to an unattractive woman? I mean his your cousin, how good do you REALLY know him? It's not normal to hang around with your cousin a lot.

• Feeling intensely judgmental are we?

Why don'y you just ask him? If you did, what did he say?

• Somehow he seems to find her beautiful as someone else told me. It's quite surprising.

• Then that's all you need.

What Girls Said 6

• Probably because he isn't shallow and finds her attractive in some other way or cares for her for more than simply looks. Obviously he likes something about her if he is marrying her.

• But why does it bother you so much?

• Maybe he's not shallow as you are

• My advice to you is to mind your own business. It's not your position to judge someone he's happy with.

• Obviously he sees something in her, and I really hope he doesn't give a shit about what you or anyone else thinks.

• She has great pussy..