I'm I right to want to be engaged if I ever live with a man?

Though I'm not in rush for kids as that's not my desire, I do want marriage at some point. At this point, I'm OK with just wanting a relationship and continue dating minus the ''living with you'' part.

But if there is something I won't do is move in without being engaged. I have never done that whole cohabitation thing and will never do it; I'm kind of traditional in that manner.

I'm tired of reading endless stories of women who confused moving in for step toward marriage and ended up waiting years for that proposal.

If there is no thing I will not accept is be used to meet all his need for endless years and then when the relationship ends (as obviously all relationships do eventually end at some point), suddenly everything is over just like that while I've wasted all those years into nothing.
That's the deal with me. If he wants a relationship and nothing else, then it's OK but he better not insist that I live with him.

If the relationship has gotten towards engagement, that's what we both want and he already proposed along with all the invitation passed out and all the how, when, what, where questioned are answered, OK then I'll move in with him.

Most Helpful Guy

• "If there is no thing I will not accept is be used to meet all his need for endless years"

Things change when married though? You won't be "used" to meet his needs then?

"then when the relationship ends (as obviously all relationships do eventually end at some point), suddenly everything is over"

So being married will stop this? People don't break up when married?

I think people cohabitate for financial reasons where I live and so they can see each other more. If you have a lot of money I guess it doesn't matter as much, but that's not the case for most people.

• Seems like I'm at the wrong period where marriage is practically extinct. I don't like the idea of cohabitating with different men in my whole life. I'm more of a permanent person, not something to be easily replaced whenever someone gets tired and again start over.

• I just refuse to put everything and get no full commitment in return. I'm not into waking up and fixing breakfast to a man that's not my fiance at least.

• so you want a guarantee? no such thing..love is love and no piece of paper(contract) will prevent the demise of a relationship that just doesn't work out..living together does not ruin that chance

What Guys Said 1

• You are right. I might even take it a step further and hold out for marriage. Now a days, everyone wants all the best without putting in the hard work to get it. When you live with someone you are putting everything on the table. If something goes bad and the other party is, lets just say less than resonable, you may lose everything you have worked your whole life to accumulate. I believe if you really love someone and want to be with them, its not that unreasonable to ask for a commitment before putting yourself and your possessions on the line.

• I right know, what happened to the once organized and serious lifestyle? It's like now more people want to wipe themselves without even eating.

• I have read some of your other comments and agree to what you are saying. Most people are all about themselve and are incapable of seeing the big picture. Life is short, and I'm not settling to be convenient for someone.

What Girls Said 2

• wait until you are married. I don't want to move in together either.

• I moved in with my boyfriend 3 years ago. I don't care if we get married or not. If we do get married, great. If not, it's no big deal for me. It's just a piece of paper.