Girls, if your bf/husband took you to McDonald's for your birthday?

How would you feel if your boyfriend or husband took you to McDonald's or Burger King for your birthday?

I'm not criticizing anyone, I took inspiration from this question

link

How would other girls feel?

I personally wouldn't be upset. It's the thought that counts, right? At least he remembered your birthday and took you out so that you could spend time together. But I also never make a big deal of my birthday, like ever. My boyfriend had to drag me to Ruth's Chris for my birthday this year haha. So to me, it's just the thought that counts. I am a Texas girl so I prefer Whataburger or Burger Street but that's just me.

Most Helpful Girl

• i really like McDonald's food so id think he was doing it for me as a little quirky gift id appreciate.

however if hypothetically I didn't like McDonald's and never told him I did id feel a bit offended that all I'm worth on my birthday is a fast food place when I make an effort to book somewhere he loves to eat on his birthday, if he's strapped for cash a home cooked meal would be just as good and tbh even better as its had a lot more of an effort put into it and we would be able to cuddle straight after on the sofa.

i don't get why that question mentioned turned into an equality and modern world thing, everyone should make an effort on a birthday for a male and for a female. since when does equality now mean men can treat a girls birthday as nothing special? girls don't treat their boyfriends birthday as nothing special, they make an effort with meals, presents and some try to look their best (underwear etc) to give them sex that night that's all about the guy (bjs, doing anal for him even if the girl hates it etc)

• Yeah, I'm not sure where equality came into play but I definitely do not mean to bash her question on my question. I just wanted input from other females as to how they'd feel

What Guys Said 4

• I think either there are some very very very very forgiving girls in here or they are on happy pills. I'd feel ashamed if I took a girl to a fast food restaraunt on her birthday even if I was completely broke.

• I don't think it's about being forgiving. I think it's just about wanting to be with him on that day, and to spend time with him (regardless of where you are). Honestly, what the hell is the difference between taking a girl to McDonalds versus taking her to Red Lobster? It's all going down the same way and coming out the same way

• If the guy is broke he shouldn't feel ashamed about not being able to take her out for anything more. He can't help it and she shouldn't guilt him for something he has no control over

• I agree with your second sentence in your last comment. But if he is broke he should try to make something at home rather than take her out for fast food. It shows he put some effort into the birthday rather than here's some low quality fast food.

• If she's that shallow to care about where she's being taken for her birthday, she's probably not worth being with. She should be respectful of how much he makes and or has time for

• if my girl took me I'd be fine. Birthdays are just another day to me.

For a girl it wouldn't fly, I'm sure most girls aren't so down to earth.

• Same here, just another day. Nothing really there to celebrate.

But I can see that some of the females would not be so pleased

• Agreed. Even if you don't care, it shows that person didn't care very much. Perhaps if caring were established it wouldn't be such a big deal.

• I know a lot of women that would rather go to McDonald's than any other place. Most of their favorite places are inexpensive chains. I know some guys that rented out an entire section of a fancy restaurant for prom, and their girlfriends insisted on going to McDonald's instead. LOL The guys weren't too happy after spending so much on a restaurant they didn't even get to go to.

A normal date can be expensive enough. You throw in the cost of a present and a lot of guys simply can't do much more. Most guys don't have a lot of money and women know that. Typically only really spoiled women would complain. Now if the guy is loaded, and just refuses to do anything special for her, it might be different. For any woman that is worth having it is about how much thought and effort the guy puts into it.

What Girls Said 12

• I wouldn't be upset. I mean, personally, I prefer Wendy's but if he's taking the time to take me out for my birthday and he's the one paying, I would just be grateful for the thought involved and his effort rather than upset at his restaurant choice.

Not everyone can afford to go out to nice places. Dinner and even going out to a movie can be quite expensive. But then again, I've always just been an "it's the thought that counts" type of person.

• It all depends on the situation. If he is short on cash, I can understand. However, if he is not short on cash and is being a complete cheapskate, he'd be lucky to date me again. I wouldn't treat him that way on his birthday, so I expect to be treated the same on mine.

• I honestly don't care where we eat haha, as long as we can cuddle after. That's all that really matters on my birthday!

• I think it's pretty crappy unless you love macdonalds. I would like some thought to go into the experience rather than sitting at a noisy table for half an hour. You don't have to spend a lot of money, how about fish and chips on the beach watching the sun go down, or takeaway on a picnic blanket in a park, or a cheese platter and bottle of wine with a movie at home. All of which is probably cheaper than macdonalds (in Australia anyway). Its the thought that counts not money but macdonalds doesn't show much thought

• I wouldn't care free food is always tasty but a banana milkshake and a mcflurry always makes me happy

• atleast he made the effort to take me somewhere out - its the thought that counts. TBH I'd be happy if he just cooked dinner and made me sit with him at home and eat with a few candles around and his company only - I'd be happy to stay at home than mingle with others or be taken out to a restaurant

• It would be fine by me. I would find it amusing and different, I am sure we would get a good laugh about it.

• I'd think it's kind of amusing, lol. If we got the McD's and took it to the beach or something I'd be pretty darn satisfied.

• I would be fine with a fast food restaurant as long as its not McDonalds or Burger King.

• I'd laugh

• I would be a little disappointed. If that was the case, I would prefer to stay at home and order Chinese food and have a movie night with my boyfriend, rather than going to McDonald's.

• I laugh then probably kill him

• I don't understand

• Like id think it's funny because it's fast food, but I like some fast food places but d kill him because he's put no effort into it. But it wouldn't be mad I'd just think he's a lazy shit

• i would be very irritated, to be quite honest

• Why? (just curious)

• if its a money thing, then just come over and have a movie night. I hate fast food and would rather him cook something quick

• Cook something quick=fast food