What do you guys and girls think of arranged marriage?

In this modernized world, of course people can freely choose the way they want to live, whether they're married or not it's just the same. I'm born and raised in a semi-conservative family, but I deeply still believe in the institution of family and I'm in my 20s too lazy to find guy. I want love to come to me. My parents they're both career woman and man, high school sweethearts, I kinda envy them, they found their love at pretty young age and went through university life together and built a family. As I said I'm too lazy to look around, I tried but then I don't know so one day I've decided to kinda ask my parents to maybe set me up in an arranged marriage with their friends' son (LOL) . I've been thinking of the pros and cons, but for me arrange marriage is pretty much a thrilling idea, it's like a Christmas present you don't know what's inside, whether you like it or you don't but then you need to learn to deal and live with it, compromise, get to know it. But then my parents they aren't that thrilling, they ask me to find the compatible guy for me on my own.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're okay with it, then that's cool, but I would never submit to an arranged marriage. I'm far to unique to be suitable for most. And really, I wouldn't trust anyone to know me well enough. Blind dates are as far as I'm willing someone to influence my romantic life.

What Guys Said 1

• I think they're great! Interestingly, my wives and I were just talking about this very subject back at the cave.

What Girls Said 6

• look, I always see it as a second not that bad option , especially id you did try meeting new people and failed , it can be a good option for those who have limited relations and friendships . it is a way to meet up with new people and see what would that lead to . so yes you can only see it as a WAY to meet the guy , and then move forward from that point as any normal two people . it may work or not , no one will put the whit dress on you by force eventually it will be your choice on that day .

• i would never ever get into an arranged marriage.That would suck.Forcing yourself to love someone you barely know. Uh no way! I prefer love marriage over arranged ones

• i don't mind it I'd go for it. If I haven't found a guy for myself or in love with one. I'd happily marry my parents choice. Its kind of romantic - who knows you might end up falling in love with him and getting to know a stranger you married is kind of cool too. But that's my opinion though

• You are happy to give up your right and power to choose because you are lazy? In that case go got it. I only hope it works out.

• It isn't for me

I believe I take charge of my happiness, my parents can't control it

• That's what my parents said to me I'm in control of my own life. Thanks btw.

• no way not for me