Why do married women do this?

I've noticed that when I'm around or talking to married women they play with their wedding rings? Why do they do this? There are two married women I talk/flirt with at work, both of them blush/act nervous, but mostly I've noticed that they will play with their wedding bands like twisting, tugging, pulling it off etc.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's something to do? You need to fiddle with something or just keep your hands busy sometimes and they have rings there to do that with. There's no other reason than that. I'm sure if you wore a ring and needed to fiddle you'd do the same thing.

I do that with my class ring from HS. It literally means nothing.

What Girls Said 4

• Maybe they are trying to tell you that they are married and don't go to far? Never see anyone does this.

• Sometimes I think that it is a nervous habit, I do it with any jewelry I am wearing when talking, rings are easier since they are on the hands.

• They are nervous and probably don't know what to say or do, so they fiddle with their rings.

• Some people just do it out of habit...when I'm talking to people sometimes I cross my arms over my chest without thinking about it and I'm not crossing my arms over my chest, because I don't like the person I'm talking to most of the time, but it's a habit I do if I'm trying to think of what else to say to the person.

What Guys Said 0