Oh no... She got married.

The one girl who got away, got married. I found out today, and I felt a deep emptiness inside me. I think it's jealousy. It's been a few years since our separation, but she was the first and only one I had strong romantic feelings for and she was the only one I dated who I would have put myself in serious danger to ensure her safety.

I'm jealous as hell. The dark side of me wants this marriage of hers to crash down in flames. The lighter side of me wants to be glad and move on and try to believe that she was never the one for me.

How can I stop being so jealous? I want to move on.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well if you wanted to marry her, why didn't you?

What Girls Said 8

• All you can really do is focus on yourself, keep busy and do things you enjoy, spend time with friends and family. Over time, the feelings will fade.

It's always hard feeling like things should be different - I've struggled with similar feelings for a few years. But once you've moved on, and in the future when you've found the girl who's truly right for you - you'll understand that things happened as they should have.

• Right now, I don't agree with the focus on yourself stuff cause I don't really get that honestly. I think you need to surround yourself with LOTS and LOTS of close friends and family, go out very often, participate in any form of group or sports that interests you and always be busy!

That is step one. Step 2 is simply be oblivious about her situation cause you can't change it no matter what!

• This is age old advice I got from my ex…

"Don't cry over someone who wouldn't cry over you."

Sad but true.. if she broke up with you then she obviously did not feel the same that you did and though it does hurt you can live and grow from the experience and be more prepared for the one it just wasn't her, go out and have a good time you deserve it

• What is for you and only you and it will find a way. In the mean time don't hold your breath. Live your life as full as ever.

• It's pretty normal to feel like you've been kicked in the guts. In my experience you get over it and a couple weeks

• I think she was not yours try to find someone else otherwise does not stop this feeling and she is married does not seem useful

• get a cat, smoke a fatty and eat a shit on of ice-cream.

• Well it's too late now. You'll find someone better!

What Guys Said 5

• you could just invite her to lunch and tell her how you feel. That should at least give you closure..

• Don't worry you'll find away, it's going to take time for your heart to heal. Only when your heart begans to heal, will you be able to move on. link

• The main reason is find someone better :)

• Sometimes life sucks, but now you can go on and find another girl - more beautiful and more (whatever you want in a woman); know that you'll learn to live with in in a few weeks

• Find a new girl simple as that life can suck, but oh well.