Are men who get mail-order wives losers?

I'm not trying to be mean. I'm asking if that's how society perceives and generalizes men like this. Mail order brides are mostly women from other countries of lower socioeconomic classes, who try to acquire citizenship of wealthier nations; they do it by putting themselves up for sale and marrying one of that country's citizens .

I've known only one guy who had a mail order wife. They had a couple kids and then divorced. This guy was in fact the biggest loser I have ever met. Not because he had a mail order wife, but because he failed at everything, stole other people's creative ideas, had terrible hygene, and room temperature IQ, and made excuses.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't call them "losers" per say, but I do think that they may have issues that prevent them from acquiring a relationship the old fashioned way. They may be socially awkward or maybe just an overall unlikeable person. The reason someone would get a mail-order wife would be because they can't get a woman any other way so they decide to pay one so she will technically "belong" to him. I can't really see the average guy getting a mail-order bride. It's definitely something that only certain types of people do. I would not consider these men to be "normal" exactly, socially speaking.

• I agree,I think men that have to resort to this are losers

What Girls Said 3

• Yes. Usually they are men who are considered undesirable in their own culture or country. So they marry someone they can't communicate with.

I was at a place recently and there was an older couple--white man, Asian lady. The wife was doing the speaking for them but she couldn't speak English and all he would tell her is "let's just go" repeatedly. He didn't speak her language and she didn't speak his. They were upset over something and she kept mumbling, trying to push for something but the cashier couldn't understand and the husband just stood there trying to tell her to stop.

I know some users on here have apparently done so and they think they've upgraded because those women will wipe their asses with no complaints. But how pathetic do you have to be to marry someone you can't even communicate with? That's not love and marrying a gold digger is not upgrading either.

• Usually, yeah

• Yes, I consider them losers. It's basically like they're hiring a prostitute for life. I don't know whether the women actually have a say in whether they want to marry the men or not, but if they don't, then it's really like hiring a permanent prostitute.

What Guys Said 6

• What kind of wife comes in the mail? Who'd wanna marry a woman small enough to fit in their mailbox. Sounds like a scam to me!

• if I remember correctly the percentage of successful mail order marriages is like 80% or something, compare that to the 60% for most American weddings and let me know what you think. What makes a person a loser isn't something such as mail-order brides so much as the way the act, for they are still a loser even if they hadn't gotten the bride. I wouldn't get one though, not my style.

• It's that percentage because the women often cannot speak English and the men are domineering. Living in the sewers of a third world country vs putting up with a loser

• find a multiple studies from reputable sources proving that and ill agree. otherwise it is just speculation

• It's all common sense

• I think they're sad people. Getting a mail-order bride is the same as admitting you're scared of being in a relationship with someone who doesn't 'owe' you their company. Like you'd rather be with someone who is indebted to you than to risk being in an open relationship with someone who can act and speak freely without the fear of being sent back to their native country. Men that need that kind of power over their spouses are pretty pathetic.

• It means you don't value other peoples autonomy but rather see them as a commodity that can be bought and sold. It disgusts me.

• Loser...or just way smarter than most others.

• Not really. If they get a mail order bride, its better than them going out raping women. It's guys fault that women are becoming more and more difficult to get nowadays. The guys who have no problem getting women still act desperate towards women and they blatantly overrate women with does nothing but boost the ego of women to astronomical heights and screw the guys who are going to have or having a diffcult time getting a woman. I can't call them losers because I know I'm not going to help them get a woman so I can't knock what they do. And to the women on here you know that these kinds of guys are guys you would never even consider for a date so why be disgusted by what they do?