Do you think its selfish for a woman to marry a man?

With no kids to settle and marry her when she has 2 kids? I mean I can see one kid but 2 kids and now you want a man to marry you who isn't the father WITH NO KIDS? Guys if you had no kids would you even date or marry a woman who had kids already? Thoughts

You expect a man to marry you when he has no kids when you have 2-5. Really? Then girls who said that its okay and not selfish would not even date a man who did not have a job. I believe marriage is based on being equally yoked. A woman/man with kids can not expect their partner to settle with them when their partner has no children. Scenario. would you marry a man with no job, lives at home with parents and have 3 kids? While you have no children and have a decent career?

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't. But some men would. I think a woman in that position would have more success if she goes for men who already have children.

• Very true! Marriage is about being equally yoked. Why would a woman/man want to marry a person who has no kids? Their partner do not even have the experience of being a parent. The person with kids will always look at the kids that is not his different! I am sorry!

• You seem to forget that the partner is fully aware that the person has kids. You act like he was forced to propose or something. Mariage is not about equality because we're all different. If we had to be the same to get married, that would be a problem.

• Umm would you marry a man with a man with NO JOB and have 3 kids. And is living at home with his parents in a third world country? lol Yes or no?

What Guys Said 6

• If he is OK with it than sure, it's fine. She shouldn't expect him to though. I think if they are at a marriage stage they are beyond the point of that being ok

• I agree with Trojan. Women with no kids marry guys who have kids.

It is your choice to walk away. I can't date girls with kids.

• I would not marry a woman who already had kids.

• It's not selfish at all if she has something to offer him as well. By that, I mean a lovely personality, respect for him, love, great sex, etc. Also, keep in mind that a lot of us guys love kids, so to some of us her kids would be viewed as a bonus.

Life is not as simple as just being "equally yoked".

• Yes a lot of guys love kids that are theirs! lol I think this is a fake account... but anyways. The chances are slim for a man too marry a woman with 3 kids and 2 different babydads and he has no kids...maybe if money is involved. MAYBE

• I agree with you! :) don't know what her problem is though!

• Thanks Marsupilami. I know most people are not as ignorant as the QA but I still appreciate you chiming in.

• Dating a mom is like playing a new video game but instead of starting from scratch you are starting from somebody else's save file...

The older the kid is or the more kids there are, the further into the game the save file begins...

Some guys don't mind and can deal with it, others can't

• Its very few. Its like saying a guy would wait to have sex until marriage with his wife. That is very slim these days.

• I'm single and don't have any kids and I wouldn't date, let alone marry, a woman that has kids. I'm even surprised people get married nowadays - it's pointless

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think it's selfish. Sometimes the guy just doesn't care that the woman has children already or he loves the fact that she has a family. Maybe he really likes her and her kids?

It's hard for a person to know whether they would or would not want to be with someone who has kids, until they are in that situation. Sometimes you just can't help falling in love with a person.

But it's hardly selfish. In order to get married, both people have to agree and want it. So I doubt the guy is getting married because the woman wants it. If he didn't want to marry her, he wouldn't.

• It's not selfish...she has the right to marry someone even though she has kids. The guy is not forced to propose...

• Maybe us Mummies are just not worth it!