Would you remarry if your partner or future partner ever died?

I don't think if I got married and my partner died, I could love another.

• Yes, I hate being lonely
  • No, I coud never love any one else

Most Helpful Girl

• Alot of people say it depends by age, which I have no problem with because it's true too; but for me, Id say it depends on my experiences and how strong my feelings were for that person. Because to me, marriage is marrying that certain someone you truly love. And apparently if I ever meet that one and only, I don't think I can bare the pain of remarrying someone else if he actually meant that much to me. It would seem like our marriage meant nothing if I eventually met someone else along the way..

Aaaaaaaaaaand, I don't want to go to the opposite possibilities because I don't wanna think that way lol. Too many things are possible haha

What Girls Said 16

• I agree with the fact that it depends on age.

Hopefully this wouldn't happen to anyone, but if your husband died after 3 years of marriage I would remarry, but if I were in my 60s I wouldn't try to, but if you fall in love it'll just happen

• I don't think I would want to.

• I think it depends. If I am say under 70 sure will, why spend the rest of my life lonely? Like 70-90 if I found a guy I liked sure, why not have some fun late in life? If I am 90 I don't got time for that.

• Yes eventually I would

• This would be very hard if it was REAL love but sometimes you can love another person. Remarry? I'm not 100% sure though.

• i don't think I would

• I would depends on my age...

If I'm young maybe...

I know my dad was 53 when my mum died and never date another woman (even if I'd be happy for him if he did) but I understand.

• My grandma got remarried after my grandpa died (I never knew him), and she's been happily married for the last 36 years. He's my mum's stepdad and I call him Pa Pa, but I still call her actual dad Grandad too, even though he's been gone for nearly 40 years.

• I think I would.

• I don't know if I would remarry but I THINK I would seek out love. I just don't feel OK on my own :)

• Yes I would

• If I met another man I fell in love with I would. I wouldn't get remarried because I was lonely.

• This question sadden me too much for me to answer it.

I'll be back after a few hours of crying.

• It's hard to say for sure but I don't think I would ever be able to love anyone else.

• I don't think I could do it. Although I suppose it depends on how old I was when he died. If he died on our honeymoon when I was still very young then perhaps. If he died when he's 80 then probably not.

• I think it would depend on how old I am when it happens, what kind of relationship I had with my partner and who I met after they died.

What Guys Said 3

• I felt as you do when I was 24, but it's different after you've been married 35 years or so. for instance, just last week a guy asked me if I'd be interested in a little wife-swapping adventure. I told him that I have no interest whatsoever in any sort of "swap", although I might be willing to make a donation.

• are you saying you have an open relationship?

• Not at all. It's just that a lot of older couples grouse and jab at each other as a peculiar but popular way of expressing their love.

• I feel I would...I would HOPE my future wife wouldn't be so selfish and want me to be a sad single widower for the rest of my life.

• I could, it just depends on if I would want to.