Where is the best place to propose?

I am going to propose to my girlfriend in a few weeks. I picked out the perfect diamond, she showed me a few settings that she likes. She liked one in white gold and I am having it made in platinum. Now I need to figure out where to propose. What do you think?

• Hawaii on the beach?
  • With friends around?
  • Home over dinner?
  • NYC on the top of the Empire State building?

Most Helpful Girl

• First off: Why Hawaii and why the Empire State building. To me, a proposal should be done somewhere unique like the place you had your first date or where you first met one another. It could be Hawaii if you had your first amazing vacation together or even any time that is memorable to both of you.

What Girls Said 6

• There is this commercial where this guy takes his girlfriend on a little trip down memory lane. Like he took her to where they first me and then he takes her to where they had their first date and then their first kiss and then he takes her to a new spot where they have never been and proposes to her. You should remind her of where you two as a couple has been and then take her someplace she has never been and show her where you two as a couple are going.

• go to a near beach with her watch the sunset. Then take to her to a private spot (if you want) and pop the question. Hope she says yes.

• Take her out and ask her in front of everybody that is there ... Invite friends and family if you want them to see cause I'm sure she don't know you got her a ring

• Personally, I think it should be somewhere that is special to you both. Think back to the place you first met, or first kissed...something that shows you put thought into it, and used your heart, not just your wallet. :)

• home is more personal then when you go into the house you can remember we got engaged here. in hawii will you really go back all that often?

• Have you ever seen that commercial where the guy and the girl are walking in the park and he kneels down and proposes and as she says yes she realizes that her family is all there (like her parents where on a bench, a brother was jogging, etc.) I have always thought that was really sweet arrangement :) Its kind of like it was their special moment and now they get to share it with the people that mean the most, family.

• Another thought: sorry to keep using film and tv references but if you have seen Bride wars there is the scene when Anne Hathaway is proposed to. They are at home eating Chinese food and he basically says that if in 50 years if there are sitting on the couch eating Chinese food together he food be a happy man. It was really sweet. Though I'm pretty sure however you propose your girlfriend will be thrilled :)

What Guys Said 0