Boyfriend wants to marry me in the future, Should I believe him?

My boyfriend and I have been in a relationship for 7 months about to be 8 months in February. He told me he wants to put a ring on my finger when I graduate high school and we can live together. I feel kind of like he might be lying but how can I think that when he said he swore to God and his grandfathers grave? I just have some trust issues since my previous relationships kept saying that, put a ring on my finger and left me for some other girl. I"m keep it slow but he wants things to speed up. What's your opinion/advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• He is WAY too young to make a promise like this and keep it. Short answer: No.

What Guys Said 6

• He might be serious but you still shouldn't believe him because you're both kids and kids don't know dick about the future.

• If he swore on those things you can be sure there isn't a total genuineness in his heart. And you believe he is lying, which makes me think, he is. Women have good instincts. You should trust yours.

• I believe that right now he wants to marry you in the future.

Whether in the future he will want to marry you in the (then) now, that's another question and one nobody can answer. People change a lot at your age.

• Being realistic, he feels that way NOW,

but you don't know how the future will be. Trust me, I'm 28 and I definitely not the same person I was when I was in high school.

• That's awfully young to be getting married nowadays. What are both of your plans after you graduate?

• He is about to graduate and become a(n) mechanic and after high school I'm about to go to full sail university and major in fashion design and minor in entrepreneurship. We plan on living together after I graduate.

• The heart wants what it wants, but I hope you understand what a difficult thing it is to live with someone and be married. Plus you're planning on jumping from living with parents to living with a boyfriend...you're not getting any time to learn what it's like to be independent on your own. Good luck.

• As soon as I read "high school" and "7 months" I quit reading because the answer would be

NO

What Girls Said 1

• believe him when you walk down the aisle towards him in a white dress.

more than likely he's just running game on you. what high school senior guy wants to get married at the prime of his life? just because he swore to God and his gpas grave, wth that supposed to mean? people lie everyday.