What do you think of people getting married in their teens?

I personally don't understand it. If you want to have a long term relationship then that's fair enough but is there really a need to get married so early on?

What is your view?

Most Helpful Girl

• Too soon.

The ones I know who got married that young & had kids that young are not together & said they were immature & going based on their current emotions & hormones lol They wanted to experience being with other people.

What Girls Said 4

• It's stupid. People my age and slightly younger/older barely know what life means outside their own parents' home. How can someone who has barely made any life changing decisions so far decide who to be with for the rest of their life?

• Been there done that ..wayyy to soon. Wait until your in your 30's or 40's please! I am now suffering because of this same prob. Any details you care to know about message me but I do know hat I'm talking about.

• too early. If he/she is meant for you, they still will be when you're 25

• It is way too early. I think only immature people marry at a young age in 2014/ haha

What Guys Said 4

• It's culture related. Some cultures with the lowest divorce rates also have some of the lowest average age for marriage. I don't know if that correlation is true across the spectrum, but it certainly is for some.

I think a lot of it is expectation within a given culture. If people don't expect to get married until their late 20s or 30s, then they don't take it as seriously when they are younger. But if the average age is 18 or 19, then they start getting more serious at a younger age.

I know a lot of people that I thought got married too young, and it didn't last long. I also know couples who met at 15-16, got married right out of high school, and are still together after 40 years.

In the west, the age of marriage has skyrocketed. So has the divorce rate. That doesn't prove cause, but it's an interesting statistic.

• If they're just a buncha reckless teens who claim they're in love... it's suicide.

If it's cultural so be it. At least they got married knowing who each other is outside of all the bullshit going on 25+ when it's all about finances and possessions. It's tough to land a relationship at any age. In your teens it's young love. In college it's all about studying(at least it should be) and after that it's all about how much wealth you have and if it's "good enough."

• To soon besides if they love you that much now chances are they will still love you that much when your in your early 20s give your self time to mature and grow up a little get your lives in order then if you still want to get married then hats off to you I'll drive you to the church myself but until then give yourself time to grow up a little and see if you still want it.

• I think they're stupid.