Can I get married to 2 people if I'm in a Polygamy relationship?

The question is all there. Closed minded people, please don't even bother. It's a matter of fact versus opinion in this question.

Most Helpful Girl

• You can't here in America, but if you want to have a polygamist relationship then that's wonderful! More power to you, for following your heart and doing what you know will make you happy.

But, the best you can do in America is non-legal... binding? or other such kind of ceremonies.

What Guys Said 4

• Polygamy is illegal almost everywhere. There are a few places where men can marry more than one woman, but I have only ever heard of one place where the women can marry more than one man. I don't remember the name of the place, but it was a third world country, so I doubt that would be an option for you. At least from a legal point of view.

If you just want to have a non legal binding ceremony then I suppose you could marry as many people as you want. It might depend on the laws in your area. You might want to check and make sure the government wouldn't consider you common law married two more than one person, and thereby breaking the law.

• You really want your heart torn in two different places? You can never fully devote yourself to either man, because you are married to both.

• I am a traditional person so I think relationships should be one on one but if that's what you want I believe its illegal pretty much everywhere especially here in the US. So you would probably have to do it in secret or some sort of ceremony I have no idea. Is this what you really want though ? if you are with two people you heart will be split in two and you can never really fully devote yourself to either man plus if you choose one over another it will cause jealousy and that between men can be kind of dangerous.

• Here's the situation: link

What Girls Said 2

• If that's legal question, I don't think it's legal anywhere. Certinley not in the US, I don't think in Europe either, and since you're a girl not Muslim countries either.

I think it is legal in Nepal or something though

• link not in America