Describe your ideal marriage proposal.

my boyfriend and I go out to a diner/bar, and it happens to be karoke night. we both love to sing, in private. but he says he's gonna try it. we don't drink so I know he's not drunk. he gets up there, whispers to the tech guy, and the opening notes of "i'll be" by edwin mccain play. OMG I LOVE THAT SONG! he starts to sing and his beautiful voice...i tear up and by the end of the song I'm a mess. he says into the microphone "sadie, I'll be yours, if you'll be mine. will you marry me?" of course everyone is staring, but I only see him. I smile and nod because I can't talk through my happy tears. he comes over and places the ring on my finger. the restaurant bursts in applause.

i've already been proposed to twice. one was planned, the other spontaneous. I accepted both times, but unfortunatly neither worked out. and this is an IDEAL. if it doesn't hapen this way, whatever. my old idea, well I had to change it becase my ex-asshole boyfriend almost did it. so I came up with this. I just LOVE LOVE LOVE that song.

Most Helpful Girl

• My ideal proposal depends on the man asking. I'd like it to be meaningful and personal to us. :)

For example, my last boyfriend and I met in high school doing the drama program. If he was the guy I was going to marry, I would've loved if he proposed to me on the stage of his high school where we met. I pictured him sneaking me in the auditorium with all the lights off, leading me onstage (without tripping hopefully), then turning the lights on to reveal all of our old friends from drama sitting in the seats watching. Is it bad that I put that much thought into it? Haha.

What Guys Said 2

• Any proposal where she says yes. I plan to take her to where we had our first date, a dine in movie theater and propose there.

I know many girls have proposal/wedding fantasies, but it's scary to me how SPECIFIC some of you get. What happens when his proposal doesn't match your fantasy? Do you judge him based on that or do you remember the kind of guy he is? All the things he does for you each and every day and doesn't ask for any recognition in return?

Seriously, proposals are extremely nerve wracking for guys. Hell, even Valentine's day is nowadays because girl's (sometimes completely unreasonable) expectations. You guys do realize that life isn't a romance novel right?

• One with a lot of bacon.

What Girls Said 11

• Honestly, I haven't really thought about it. Who's knows if I'll ever engaged, I've

never even had a boyfriend before. So, thinking about something like that is kind

putting that cart before the horse. But, if I ever do find someone who wants to spend

there life with me, I just want the proposal to come from the heart. Other then that,

I don't care how he does it.

You know, my dad never proosed to my mom. He just said "when do you want to

get married?" And, she said "I don't know, when do you want to get married?"

See, for them it wasn't a matter of "will you" is was a matter of "when will we?"

Because, there was no doubt in there minds that wanted to be together forever.

So, I'd be fine with something like that too. Especially, if we both knew that we wanted

to spend our lives together. I'd be fine without a propsal at all, but instead the question

of "when do you want to get married?" I think it would be cool.

• I don't have anything specific in mind. I tend to build up things way too much in my head, and sometimes it leads to disappointment. I don't want a proposal to be disappointing, on the contrary. I'd like it to be something I'll remember forever. So that's why I'll take it as it comes, because I don't want some kind of fantasy to cloud my head from what's happening in the real world.

• I had always wanted it to be personal and private, and just leave the rest up to him. Personal and private is exactly what I got, so I was thrilled =)

• I'd want him to propose to me under the my bedroom window I mean standing outside and calling my name asking me to marry him. That'd be so romantic. Enough of a dream like proposal :P

Right ideally I'd want him to propose to me in front of my family, on graduation day or take me out to a candle light dinner/museum etc and propose

• I really don't care about the proposal.

My main focus is the WEDDING.

I have this planned in my head already, lets hope my future husband agrees 100% cause if he doesn't it's still gonna happen. Hahaha.

• I don't really have anything particular in mind, I just know what I don't want. I find dinner bit boring and the ones they do at like hockey games are a nightmare. It should be something romantic, just the two of.

I guess ideal would be that scence from the notebook in the boat, minus the rain,

• I never thought about an ideal marriage proposal because if I dream about this now .. what if my future boyfriend proposes me in a waaaay different situation/location? Then I would feel disappointed because I imagined it different and stuff. Idc how he would propose, I would appreciate it even if it wasn't very creative :)

• a long walk on the beach holding hands with him... *-*

• I rather just elope

• I don't have a serious idea for a marriage proposal because I don't even care for marriage.

• Just being proposed to by the right guy...preferably somewhere in private. Actually if someone proposed to me in public where other people could hear he would probably get a no. Other than that I really don't care how he chooses to do it. It wouldn't matter too much to me.

• A no? geez, what a way to end it all.

• Well if someone's proposing to me I would think he should know me well enough to know how much I would hate it if it was in public. If he didn't know me well enough to know that then we shouldn't be together. I don't think it's too hard to tell that I wouldn't like that.