What would be the best proposal ever?

Ok, you have met the one and you are about to take the next big step. How would your ideal proposal go?

I'd think not too public, but in a place that holds special meaning to your relationship. I don't know what it'd consist of other than us talking about what happened there and then me dropping to a knee, trying not to cry while I spilled out my love for her, which I'd fail miserably at, lol. It sure as crap wouldn't be at a ballgame in front of thousands of people. That's too much pressure on someone and not fair at all!

What do you think?

Cgrade

Yea, the guy would do it. I don't think I have ever seen a woman propose. Does that happen?

Most Helpful Girl

• Oooh definitely nothing too public, that could be embarrassing especially if she is shy/doesn't like all the attention on her. Plus the ballgame/hockey/football proposals are kind of tacky. Private and intimate is the way to go. Don't say too too much in a speech, make it short and sweet and then pop the question. Like peeling off a bandage. Chances are she won't be listening thoroughly either after she figures out what's going on. I know I wasn't really listening, lol.

I wouldn't want him to be too mushy about it either, or have some huge planned proposal, or anything crazy. Less is more. A restaurant proposal would also be okay as long as it's at a more upscale place (so not at Applebee's or something lol) and not too crowded, and not in front of everyone.

Crying is okay too, although I would expect it more from the girl than the guy! I cried a bit, but he didn't. He just smiled.

• I like this. I probably wouldn't cry, but id deff tear up. I tear up when I watch proposals on YouTube. And certianly when I watch a troop's surprise homecoming. Haha

• Hey thanks for BA. It's definitely an emotional moment for a couple, so nothing wrong with showing some emotions!

What Girls Said 9

• Is it me doing the proposal? Lol. I'm still a bit old school about this one. I'd like the dude to do the asking, OR we could discuss and just decide to take the leap together.

But if I could mastermind the perfect setting for my guy to ask me, I'd pick the beach. The perfect setting varies for everyone, but as I'm a huge beach person, I'd want it on a secluded beach.

Preferably at sunset or night...

We'd go boating to this hidden stretch of shore, with white sand beaches and coral reefs nearby, and have a picnic there. Swim, snack and doze for a bit, before watching the sunset. Then he'd blindfold me. Then he'd light some candles, which light up a sand drawing of a flower (I've seen huge gorgeous ones in Boracay) and when I take off the blindfold, he'll pop the question.

• I would want him to ask me. I am a traditionalist like that.

We would go to Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe (for what I think is just vacation and alone time), and we would plan a picnic together on one of the mountains. Have wine and whatever food we pack. Cuddle. Talk about life. And as the sun set, he would---as they say--pop the question. :)

I am so lame. :P

• @Update: There are billions of people in the world, I am sure a woman had to have asked a guy somewhere. I've just been conditioned to believe that you have to let the guy ask, or you scare them.

• I don't care much about how he does it, as long as I love him deeply and he's genuine with his words. :)

• I'd want him to come to my parents and ask for my hand. It'll be both romantic and traditional. Oh and courageous - it takes a lot of guts to come to a girl's father and declare I love your daughter and want to marry her

• Well, I'm not a fan of getting a TON of attention from strangers, so something HUGE would not be necessary, it being intimate & minimal amount of people would do just fine in a romantic setting. I'm a romantic so.. :)

• I think something extremely romantic. Completely in private with a very sparkly silver rings (can't blame me for having a preference)... I want him to really mean the words when he asks

• I don't like a fuss. As simple and private as possible would be ideal.

• I don't want marriage

• My mom proposed to my dad. Yeah, women propose it's just not as common and I don't think they usually do the *gets down on one knee* thing either.

My ideal proposal would be me waking up to breakfast in bed and seeing him smiling like a freaking idiot over the side of my bed down on one knee with a ring in his hand.

Or, I decide to bring up marriage and when the proposal will happen and he brings a ring out of his pocket and says "I wasn't really sure when or how to do this, but I guess this is the time now" and he gets down on one knee and asks me to marry him.

I personally don't like public proposals because then it really puts the girl on the spot. I mean she can't say no because if she does then she's just a huge bitch.

What Guys Said 4

• For me, she would think I'm on deployment or I would be in a different state. I would pose a video on YouTube about how I feel about her and tell her she would make me the happiest guy in the world etc. Then, I would time it while she's watching the video, I would sneak up behind her and drop down one knee.

My other option would be it would be the same scenario but I would be in a mascot and I would bring her flowers and a love letter expressing my feelings. At the end of it, I would drop on one knee and take off the mascot's head.

• best public proposal: align several hundred galaxies in such a way that it reads or gives some sort of symbolism to your eternal partner. obviously you'd need to be in a type 3 civilization to do this lol.

best private proposal: I guess doing it at a place that has enormous meaning to both you and your partner.

well anyway, that's what I think.. and I didn't really think seriously about it, either.

• I would take her to a place embedded in our memories, a place we shared our greatest moments together, where we laughed, where we talked, etc ...

So most probably somewhere in the French village where I met her ...

• That's easy give her the deed to your house, the check book and kiss everything you have or worked for and say here honey take it all because after we're married your just gonna divorce me take my kids away and make me pay child support lol.

• Down voted for telling the truth.