If a girl is wearing a silver-looking ring on her ring finger on her left hand, is she married?

I don’t know anything really about wedding rings, what they look like, whatever.

There’s this girl I work with (in Canada, if that makes a difference). She wears a silver or silver-looking, plain ring on the ring finger of her left hand. Is she married? I’ve never heard her talk about being married, even though she’s pretty open with everyone and talkative. I didn’t hear her say anything about plans for Valentine’s Day. She’s no older than around 25.

• That’s always a sign of marriage.
  • That’s a sign of marriage most of the time.
  • That’s a sign of marriage around half of the time.
  • That’s a sign of marriage less than half of the time.
  • That’s never a sign of marriage.

Most Helpful Girl

• Rings don't get worn on ring fingers unless a girl's either married or otherwise taken (e.g. engaged, long term relationship, etc). It's basically the finger we wear rings on to warn others that we're "not available so don't even try because I don't wanna have that awkward conversation."

The only time to really interpret this as different is if there's rings on all fingers, in which case it's just a jewelry overload thing and she's run out of space on other fingers; but even then you should exercise caution if the rings on her ring finger look expensive.

What Girls Said 6

• Some people wear rings when they are in committed relationships but not married or as a purity ring to let people know they are virgins. (*this is a smaller percentage) and some girls pretend to be in relationships so that guys don't bother them. I used to know single woman who wore the ring to avoid being pursued by guys.

• It could be a promise ring, purity ring, claddgah ring, family heirloom, birthstone etc. Basicaly in my opinion it's the finger rings fit on the best, I wear a rings on that finger and I'm not married simply because they're meaningful to me and fit the best there and I like how it looks. Typical wedding/engagment rings have diamonds in them.

• I wear a gold diamond ring on my ring finger I'm not married. Its a preference just ask her if you are worried

• Thats not always the case I've been wearing a silver ring on the left ring finger since I was 13 and I'm not married I still wear the same ring

• Really? I thought that was wedding-ring tradition, no?

• It usually is but I wear mine cause I like it and I've been wearing it for so long it'd be weird not to be wearing it.

• Sometimes girls wear rings on which ever hand as a fashion I do I never really thought guys look at a girls ring finger

• Of course we look! There's no point in needlessly humiliating ourselves by approaching a woman who is actually married.

• @ QA - LOL! That is very true.

:-)

• I also always look... last thing I want is to ask a girl and find out she is married... then it feels like a waste of time. Though the girls feel flattered that even after being married they are wanted.

• Not neccesarily. I have always worn rings because I like them.

What Guys Said 1

• There's no issue with in IMO.

What's sad is I know guys who wear rings on that finger in the hopes of attracting women. It makes them look like they are mature and are good marriage material.

Not to mention a deceitful, untrustworthy pr**k. Ooops did I say that outloud? LOL!

:-)