How much does an engagement ring cost?

I mean I know they can be expensive but what is actually the normal prices or the average price that people are willing to pay.

Updates:
ok no one understood. Of course it is how much you are willing to pay. But what is a good reasonable ring ?

I mean if it was up to everyone they would have a $30, 000 ring...

0|0
1|5

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 4

• Depends on the type of metal, the type of diamonds, the size of the diamonds and carats . link

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the stone and setting selected . Most will tell you that you should spend one to two months salary on an engagement ring.

0|0
    0|0
  • As much as you're willing to spend. One month's wage is the basic rule of thumb.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the 4 c's, I have seen a 2 carat ring, diamond was the color of piss for about 2 grand, and I have seen a 1 carat ring perfect diamond, almost flawless, for 3 grand.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Yeah, it really depends on what you're willing to spend. I think most rings are about $1000-2000, but they can go way over that depending on the metal, setting, kind of stone and it's quality and carat size. I would say a very reasonable ring is in that price range, though.

I don't think I would want to wear a ring that was over $5,000. It would probably be to large and blingy for my taste, but also it would increase the chances of having it stolen or something.

0|0
    0|0