How much does an engagement ring cost?

I mean I know they can be expensive but what is actually the normal prices or the average price that people are willing to pay.

ok no one understood. Of course it is how much you are willing to pay. But what is a good reasonable ring ?

I mean if it was up to everyone they would have a $30, 000 ring...

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 4

• Depends on the type of metal, the type of diamonds, the size of the diamonds and carats . link

• It depends on the stone and setting selected . Most will tell you that you should spend one to two months salary on an engagement ring.

• As much as you're willing to spend. One month's wage is the basic rule of thumb.

• Depends on the 4 c's, I have seen a 2 carat ring, diamond was the color of piss for about 2 grand, and I have seen a 1 carat ring perfect diamond, almost flawless, for 3 grand.

What Girls Said 1

• Yeah, it really depends on what you're willing to spend. I think most rings are about $1000-2000, but they can go way over that depending on the metal, setting, kind of stone and it's quality and carat size. I would say a very reasonable ring is in that price range, though.

I don't think I would want to wear a ring that was over $5,000. It would probably be to large and blingy for my taste, but also it would increase the chances of having it stolen or something.