Is it okay to start planning our wedding before he even proposed?

My boyfriend and I are definitely getting married in the future. He asked my ring size and knows what kind of rings I like.

Yesterday we were talking about it and he said we might as well start planning our wedding now so we know how much we need to save for it.

Most Helpful Girl

• At least you are thinking ahead and not waiting until the last moment.

Do it!

No harm can come from that.

It will only benefit you in the long run.

What Guys Said 3

• I would say rough estimates only if you are even going to do that, wait for him to propose first then once he does you can go full depth into the plans.

• It sounds like he kind of actually did propose. Weddings are as pricy as you want to make it .. How many people you invite , where you have it, flowers, food, entertainment. Start saving but talk about what kind of wedding you want to have.

• You need to save a lot. I don't' see the need to start planning until he's proposed.

What Girls Said 3

• It sounds like he did propose

• If he suggested that you should start planning and he asked you about rings then yes I would definitely start thinking of ideas.

Congrats :)

• My friend did this. She started planning her wedding 4+ months before he actually proposed. I don't think there's anything wrong with it. Most women start thinking or planning little details about their wedding when they're little kids.