When a guy says he is not ready for marriage? What does I really mean?

Most Helpful Guy

• It means he is not ready for marriage. He is not ready to commit to a woman for the rest of his life at the moment.

What Guys Said 4

• He's immature. He doesn't want to give up his life style.

:o)

• Marriage is a big deal and a decision not to be taken lightly. A person needs to be sure they are ready for it and it's what they want to do.

For men, marriage is not what it used to be. Many men see the pitfalls of marriage as outweighing the benefits. Fewer and fewer men want to get married while at the same time more and more women do, for reasons I think are pretty obvious. So it's kind of understandable why a guy would be reluctant.

• In the old days guys didn't fool around. They wanted to get married before they even got out of school. But things have changed since the introduction of Women's Lib. Guys are suppose to be the head of a family and that has become almost impossible for a guy to do anymore. And these days guys know for better or worse doesn't hold water hardly anymore. Guys know these days if a marriage was to fail especially should kids come into the picture they would lose their pants, literally. As a young guy once I wanted to get married have a family too. I waited for the right girl and she never came along. Looking back I'm so glad I never got married. And as far as younger guys go, they are the least likely to commit knowing all the above. In addition the younger generation of guys the biggest majority of them, who cares about STD's, not them they know these girls these days put out most of them do. It goes back to the milk, why buy cow when the milk is free? Right girl? Maybe not. Ready to give up the night life, naahhhh. The younger generation around your age is much less interested in marriage.

• Either married life doesn't appeal to him at this point in his life, or he isn't sure you are the person he wants to be with for the rest of his life, and may need more time to figure out if you are the one.

What Girls Said 2

• He probably means the same thing he said. It also could be a way of letting someone down easy though. But I see you're young like me, most guys our age aren't going to be ready for marriage.

• It really is a very clear statement. Rarely contains a hidden message of some sort. It simply means he is not ready for marriage.