Men, do or would you get married based on other reasons besides love?

you can answer this anonymously if you choose to not sound bad about your answer... please be truthful

• marriage?
  • life long partner without marriage?

Most Helpful Guy

• In most cases marriage is a bad deal for men now. A life long partner is perhaps better but still unappealing for some of the same reasons. It's generally just not worth in for men anymore.

• Thank you for the MH answer.

What Guys Said 10

• I am what I call myself an "involuntary introvert" I was abused mentally and physical as a child and teen. and I have issues with abandonment. today I am 45, never had a girlfriend, nor a relationship. and a very small circle of friends. if I were to find someone who loves me, if she insisted on marriage, I would ask to elope. 60% of my larger family (as much as I love my mother, I have no respect for her side of the family, police records etc .) while I would invite my mother to the wedding, her siblings would create drama I can live without.
    my fathers side of the family? he ran away from home as a kid, so little contact with most of them except on Facebook .
    kinda messed up, and for you readers, sorry for venting. bottom line, if I were to find a girl and get married, I would feel bad that I can only think of maybe 10 people at most who I would welcome to the wedding. and all i can visualize is my bride would have 50-80 people to invite. kinda intimidating. live in sin or elope, thats my vote.

• Nope, love is the only reason I would get married... it doesn't speak to me on a spiritual level and i'd not be in a relationship for anything else.

• I don't believe in marriage, but I accept that it's the price I might one day have to pay, in order to keep a girl I want in my life.

• I always agree with you. I feel the same way. But I'm not sure if I could go through with it honestly. Like its a grand gesture, but I feel like I'd be cheating my partner since marriage is something I don't want. Do you let them go? Or do you suck it up and hold a little resentment? Then what if they start asking you to do MORE things you don't believe in and don't want to do?

Anyways, I hope I'm never given that ultimatum. That would be a very difficult situation.

• There's this beyond stunning girl that works at Costco that I've joked about how I'd totally marry her just based on her being so sexy. But no I would only marry someone if we had an amazing relationship with great compatibility and I saw us being together for a long time.

• id need love, without love, shed just be a dictator

• I would only marry her if I loved her

• No. I want love, but not marriage.

• For me it has to be more than love. I mean I gotta love her, but I have some expectations too. If those expectations are not met, then I can't marry her even if I love her.

By expectations I mean, is she a family girl? Does she want to have kids. Will she be working or sitting at home. Can she do X thing... etc...

And, I'm sure the girl is going to have certain expectations from me too.

• I would only get married if I feel love towards her.

• Men have one thing in their mind

What Girls Said 0