What will happen to my single mother when i get married? should she live with my family or should i get her a place?

So im close to going to college, and i know it will be hard for my single mom. Even harder when i get married and have a family. What should i do? During her old age, should i buy a house for her so she can bring my aunt to keep her company or should i have a huge house with a small house behind where she can live and be close to the family? How should i proceed my life after college? I feel i would have to make her my responsibility?

Most Helpful Girl

• I am a single mother, trust me on this. She raised you alone and she is a strong woman. Yes she will miss you and cry, but she will be fine. It's time for you and her to live your own life. She is your mom and will always be there to wipe away the bad in your life. Just now you can don't he same for her. What a single mother wants most out of this world. Is for our kids to be strong as we have shown them to be. To live a full life. :) your a grate daughter in your mother should be proud of you.

What Guys Said 1

• You don't have to make her your responsibility. That's what happens when you're single, you have to take care of yourself.

What Girls Said 5

• She's old enough to care for herself. My dad is a widower. He lives alone now. Sure I go see him every two or three weeks but he understand that my brother and I live live our own lives. He lives his own life, he doesn't want us to stop living for him and I think it's for the best.

Living which your mum when you're older never seem like a good idea unless it is an absolute necessarily.

• Do you know if your dad ever gets lonely? How old is he?

• Yeah. He is not that old

• He isn't. But it's the same for his mother, she lives alone but she lives 60km aways. He sees her on weekends but during the week he has to work. He doesn't feel guilty about it, and she feels independent.

• Get her a small house behind like you said. That will make her happy. She can live close to you and you can still live your life. Im my countries all adults live with their parents and we still have our own lives.
    She is your mother and she sacrificed a lot for you. So she is your responsibility.

That will also help you a lot when you get kids. She will help in taking care of them and she will also be happier next to her grandchildren.

• You are very right. She always tells me right now i dobt want to live with you because i dont want to get into the business of your marriage etc. Send me back toy native country and just send me lots of money. Maybe ill get her a house two houses away from mine or inside my property. Or one she can share with whoever she wants. Should i ask her to decide? How about after college?

• Yes ask her to decide. If you want you can tell her that she won't interfere with your marriage if she is not living inside your home and that if she stays next to you she will be close to her grandchildren.
      After college you can find something temporary like visiting her every weekend if you can or your aunt can come and live with her and tgen when you get married your aunt will leave or she will also live with your mom next to your home.
      Or if after you graduate your job is close to your and your mom's home then you can stay living with her till you get married.

• You are worrying for nothing. Unless there are financial issues going on in your lives. Things can change in 5 or ten years'time when she might find someone in her life again.

• She's an adult. She'll take care of her own life

• I think she should live with you.