People in their 30's automatically assumed to want marriage?

I overheard some women talking the other day from what I understood one mentioned that men in their late 20's and 30's automatically are looking for marriage. Is this true? I'm 29 and not looking for marriage because of what I see going on out there.

Most Helpful Guy

• Commitment and monogamy, yes. Cohabitation, yes (eventually). Marriage, no.

• and see this is why I am troubled.

• I never called it silly. I'm asking her why, when her bf appears to want all the major things that normally come with marriage (home, kids, family), that she has such a flippant and angry dismissal ("should have seen how fast my middle finger went up") simply because it doesn't involve a ring and a signed piece of paper. Is a ring on her finger really more important than having a family with someone she loves, that she'd reject it all just because there's no official piece of paper that says "Mr and Mrs So and So"?

• because it's what she wants. if he doesn't want it then they're not as compatible as she thought. to me it would be important enough to leave over. i would never have children out of wedlock.

What Girls Said 3

• Not at all. Marriage isn't for everyone. Some people never get married and that's perfectly fine. Kinda the same thing with kids. People assume that once you get married you're automatically going to have kids. My husband and I have been married for almost seven years and still don't have any kids.

• i think that statement is more true of women in their late 20's and early 30's. biological clock and all that jazz

• I think women have this idea that if a man has hit his 30s he should know what he wants by then. for some men its true and for others it isn't. Its more of being with the right girl that makes you feel ready

What Guys Said 5

• I personally don't believe in marriage unless there are children and even then i'm still ify. To me marriage is just a piece of paper and a tax form.
    When 2 people can have a lifetime relationship (with out the needing to be married hoopla) I have more respect for them then the couple who were married for 5 years then divorced.

• what if something bad happens to you and you are in the hospital. Did you know she can't see you or fi you die god for bid she has no right to carry out your last wishes or funeral plans... yeah it is more than paper. It is a promise that all her sacrifices are not made in vain and if she is willing to give up so much the least you can do is give her your damn last name.

• sjslvs, They make a medical power of Attorney which is something anyone over 18 should have. Did you know that the hospital can deny a parent form making a decision for a child if the child is over 18 in the USA

• I'm 29 and I am looking for marriage =)

• What exactly do u see going on out there?

• I think a lot of us in our 30's like the idea of marriage more than younger people, but like you mentioned what we are seeing does make a lot of us reject the modern concept of marriage. After a while a lot of us just start getting jaded.

• My cousin is 30 or 31 and he feels the same way as you. He has no interest in being married because of the divorce rates and crazy expectations of people today. He's a good dude though so I do hope someone good comes along for him to change his mind.