Am I the only one who thinks marriage and relationships are a chore?

Am I alone in this or am I the worst human being on earth?

Most Helpful Guy

• The real chore is finding someone who can complete you in a way while not losing who you are in the process. I'd say that's the hardest part. The balance of being in a relationship and having that connection but also maintaining some distance and independence. A very tough balance that most people can't manage.

It's a chore when you're with someone who doesn't meld with you on that kind of level.

What Guys Said 2

• The benefits are supposed to outweigh the costs when it comes to relationships!

• Relationships can be ok. Marriage is a bad deal for guys.

What Girls Said 4

• well I'm sure ur not the only one, i dont think this though

• They're a chore if you're not with the right person.
    In a relationship, both partners should be focused on giving to the other person. If both make the other their main priority, then both of them will be very happy.

I've had some friendships feel like a chore, and that really is a horrible feeling. Basically, the relationship is just a waste of time. I now have friends that I am happy to give my time and energy to because they do the same for me.

• Bad marriages and relationships are a chore. Sure, everyone had bad patches and whatnot, but if you're with the right person it should be easy and fulfilling.

• I agree with you :/