Would you leave a man you were deeply in love with for someone who promised you children and marriage?

Say you were deeply in love with a man who did not want kids or marriage. Would you leave him for someone who was not as good to you, but promised you marriage and children?

Please don't answer this question if you are going to say "I wouldn't be deeply in love with a man who did not want kids or marriage" because first, that's bullshit, second, this is a hypothetical question, and third, if you feel that way, your opinion is irrelevant in this particular situation.

(this question was inspired by my last one)

• Yes, I would leave him, even if he is a better partner
  • No, I would stay with the man who treats me better

Most Helpful Girl

• Generally if the guy treats you better, it's stupid to leave him.
    What kind of a marriage /family would it even be if you two didn't work incredibly well together? This could lead to some worse scenarios in your life than not being married / not having kids (i.e divorce and generally fucked up kids).
    Sticking with the guy who generally treats you the way you want to be treated from a partner is always the best choice.

What Girls Said 16

• This is strictly a matter of opinion, but to ME, wanting to marry me is part of treating me right. I'd always feel like he had one foot out the door if he didn't want to marry me. Like no one, not even me, could make him want to make that commitment. I wouldn't leave him for the guy who didn't treat me as good, I'd just leave him period.

• I probably wouldn't leave him. Children would be nice to have, but I wouldn't leave for a guy who doesn't treat me as well just because he wants children. I wouldn't be that happy though. This is a complete lose/lose situation for me on both fronts.

It's kind of hard to answer the question properly since I'm not allowed to give my honest answer here, lol.

• Oh I just noticed the question is old. Sorry about that. It came up in my feed...

• Well I wish I could offer you better advice. I had entirely different problems when I was single and looking to date, mostly based on my appearance and being as tall or taller than a guy lol.

• Eh, I am not too worried. I have big plans if I become a single old man... And there will always be younger women after my money to keep me entertained while I pursue my more humanitarian exploits, lol. And I have no problem obliging :)

• No i wouldn't leave him for someone that is a worse person. Then ill just be married with kids and be miserable and want a divorce. Rather be with the guy who doesn't want kids or marriage. But if he respects me, we have fun together and if it seems he not fooling around with other girls and he feeling the same way about me it still a relationship and my feelings can't be change for him. But most likely ill still want marriage and kids even if they were adopted so ill find a guy that does treat me great and wants to commit and have a family. But ill always respect the guy that didn't want the family/kids and love him but i gotta do what best for me and if he is a great guy he want the same for me too.

• I wouldn't leave him if I'm happy with him. I don't even want marriage for a long time (if ever), and probably not kids either.

• I don't want kids or marriage so clearly I would stay. Also, if I loved him, then uh... why the fuck would I leave him?

• No I don't even want children

• You do realize that being treated good isn't all there is to loving someone right?

Anyway, I can't really really say. I would have to be in that situation, honestly.

• Although I really want to be married and have kids, I wouldn't leave the guy.

• I wouldn't leave him for the worse person, no
    But having children is something I do want. So I think I wouldn't be able to date someone who didn't want any.
    I broke up with a guy for that once, luckily it was within the first two weeks so it was easy on both of us.

• Hell no. I don't really want marriage and have no desire to have kids so I'd efinitely stay with the man who I loved

• No I wouldn't leave him. I think I could be happy in this life time without ever having children, though I do want to. I'd be more happy to be with someone I was deeply in love with.

• No I have been in that situation and I prefer to be in love and for the guy to treat me right.

• Great to know from somebody who has had personal experience with it.

• I just want to be madly in love with a man that treats me right. If I have that nothing else matters, but that is my opinion.

• I wouldn't leave the person that treats me better. But I def. want chldren...

• I know you said not to say "I wouldn't be with a man who didn't want marriage and kids" but that's how I feel. Let's just say I was dating such man, it wouldn't be long term because eventually I'm going to want a nuclear family and he's not willing to provide that. So yes I'd leave him. I can't say id go for a guy who doesn't treat me well because I'd rather be single than mistreated. But I would pick a guy who wanted a family over one that didn't.

I agree with vmw2008, I view a man who wants to settle down with me very highly. Much more highly than a guy who wanted to rent/lease me but not own me lol.

• Ok, but I gave you two options. I will assume you would leave the man who was better to you for a bad husband who will father your children then.

• Why do you keep trying to sneak around the question? Divorce was not an option... this is hypothetical question with two possibilities. I don't care anymore anyway, thanks for your time though!

• I'm not sneaking I answered your question. I said I'd leave him for the guy who wanted marriage and kids

• That's a hard one, I don't think I would pick either person. Once a woman has made up mine you can't change it. If my husband had told me that he didn't want to have kids or marry me I wouldn't have stayed, because for me that's not something I just wanted it's something I needed! It would've been hard for to leave him but at some point I would've. But at the same time I wouldn't stay with someone who treated me like crap even if they did promise me those things! I wouldn't be happy in either relationship.

What Guys Said 1

• from a guys pov, nah. I want what I want. yeah this is old as shit lol.